Facility & Company Information > ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)

Interview at ANO 1

<< < (2/2)

wherugoing:
Thanks for the dress code info, I just wanted to make sure!!!

But, does anyone have any resources where I can study up on the General Knowledge nuke stuff?

RDTroja:
Have you looked at the top of every page on this site at the Study tab? There is a wealth of information there.

Glad you weren't looking for a snake...

shayne:
I found during my interview, not at ANO, that the questions were geared more to how I would fit into the operations organization.  Not so much as how the plant works.    Navy background and the fact that I passed the Operator Testing was enough nuke information I guess.  I guess if you want some more information, don't forget to look at the NRC website for Operator Licensing and the General Fundamental Exams.

As far as expenses, Every interview I have every been on, all expenses were paid by the companies.  In some cases, I paid for expenses then after the interview I submitted an expense report and they mailed a check out to me.  However I'm not familiar with this exact company.  It may be different than the norm that I have been through.

wherugoing:
Thanks for all your help, but now that the interview is over here's what I learned:

The interviews are more about how you will be as a manager down the road, not necessarily how you will operate right now - I guess they figure you got this far, you probably know what your doing, but can you handle leading others.

The general knowledge exam was geared more for NLO operations info.  They wanted to know more about how much you know about commercial plants.  It's geared to find out how much you know so they know how much to teach.

Overall it was a great experience and I hope this info helps for others going through the process!!!

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: wherugoing on Feb 16, 2005, 03:08 ---Thanks for all your help, but now that the interview is over here's what I learned:

The interviews are more about how you will be as a manager down the road, not necessarily how you will operate right now - I guess they figure you got this far, you probably know what your doing, but can you handle leading others.

The general knowledge exam was geared more for NLO operations info.  They wanted to know more about how much you know about commercial plants.  It's geared to find out how much you know so they know how much to teach.

Overall it was a great experience and I hope this info helps for others going through the process!!!

--- End quote ---

Maybe I should have said this earlier. The interviews are kind of like the "Peter Principle"; they dig until they get beyond your comfort level to see how you react beyond it. (At least that is what the orientation I got on it said.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version