Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Passed the EEI Test for TVA. How long until interviews start?

Author Topic: Passed the EEI Test for TVA. How long until interviews start?  (Read 31665 times)

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

I applied for SGPO position with TVA about 2 months back. I was asked to take the EEI test and did on 9/20. I got my results in and was Recommended/Passed. I have a couple of questions.

How long is it usually until TVA contacts you for interviews ?
Will TVA contact you if your not selected for an interview?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

TVA

You might never get an interview.

If they are interviewing for 10 positions they will interview 40 people max. Most likely 250 to 300 passed. It depends on how they rate you on your resume. They set up a point scale. 15% or more have to be minorities. If you live within 60 miles of the plant you get points. If you are a veteran you get points.
Dont ask me what else the hiring team is rating you on as I dont know nor do I care.

If you dont get an interview they will not tell you. If you do interview and dont get the job they will not tell you.

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
Thanks for your help.
Typically how long is it before the interviews start?  If I am selected.

TVA

Can be anywhere from 3 to 7 months. Where did you bid?

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
By bid I think you mean where is the job.
If that's right. Its the sgpo jobs at Soddy Daisy and Spring City.
I seen where you said the 60 mile rule gets you extra points. I don't but I am more than willing to relocate and it asked that on the application and I said I would relocate. Would that help me?
Thanks again for your help
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2017, 08:44 by bradbathome »

TVA

No you have to live within 60 miles of the site at the day the individual does the grading. Odds are yours has already been either tossed out or graded. Here is what I always said. Send me all veterans and anyone who now lives within 60 miles AND dont more than 60. The hiring manager doesnt have time for more.

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
Dang. I was really hoping to get a chance for the job.
I do have a Bachelors degree and worked 8yrs as an electronic technician with an army contract, but I'm not a veteran.  Would this help me at all?
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2017, 10:14 by bradbathome »

TVA

Dime a dozen so no. Nothing trumps 60 Miles or a Vet.
Those are just guaranteed points not an end all
Depends on the hiring manager but I can guarantee if he has qualified candidates with 60 miles he wont interview outside unless you work at a TVA plant.
I interviewed nearly 150 people for TVA and outside of SRO I never broke the 60 mile barrier as I had no need to do so.

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
Not to knock your way of thinking about hiring locally, but I just think someone that is willing to relocate on their on dime would be more loyal and long term employee, I guess I'm saying I would have more skin in the game so to speak. I obviously have no idea on the hiring process so please don't take offense, I have relocated 3 different times for the last company I worked for and once out of country so just saying when I relocate I'm in for the long haul. My last job was a army contract which ended so being loyal and moving didn't help much I guess. Ha Ha. Thanks for your time. If you have any suggestions I could do to at least get a chance with TVA I'm all ears.

TVA

It isnt my rule its their rule and sorry percentagewise no one is more likely to stay than someone who grew up near a plant.

Exactly what is your hiring experience?

TVA

Are you seriously that stupid?

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
Sorry if I upset you. I have no hiring experience that is the reason I was asking. I'm not saying your way or TVAs way is wrong. I was just saying when you up and move your family for a job it is something you really want and believe is long term employment at least I think it should. I did grow up around TVA born and raised in North AL. I just don't live with in 60 miles of Soddy Daisy more like 100 miles so technically I could commute but I would relocate. Why would they contact you for the test if you had no chance of getting the job if you passed the test?
It was not my intent to make you mad. I apologize if I did. Thanks

TVA

Anyone who applies gets offered the chance to take the test.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Are you seriously that stupid?

It's been awhile since I've had to remind about this rule, which you agreed to each time you've signed up for this site.  I don't expect to have to remind you again & I Thank You in advance for that. 

Forum Rule #4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

As always if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask via PM!

Thanks again!
Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

TVA

I agree but dang man.

This guy thinks that any utility with a 60 mile pool cannot find 200 people within that range who are as loyal as him. I have yet to hire someone within 60 miles who left.

Utilities exist because of their customers. TVA's mission is to improve the quality of life within the valley. It's one of the first things they tell you and yes they live it. I have worked at 2 utilities that use that rule, one that didnt. Of those everyone who hired in at the 60 mile plants is there. At the other half the people were gone within 10 years.

There are literally hundreds of qualified local candidates. They are a gold mine. Why go elsewhere?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
knot too throw gasoline awn a smoldering ember, butt how wood sum won fresh out of the navy find a job with 60 mile rule? oar travelers dune the outage circuit, how wood they bee hired at a plant ware the utility likes they're performance and they like the utility's program and structure? why due utilities and d.o.e. sites advertise hear and udder places if they aren't interested in giving people to hiring managers whom may bee outside the 60 mile rule?

nuclear nascar... feel free to split this from this thread iffen yins think that best.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TVA

60 miles is a guideline. If you have 2 qualified candidates you must pick the one within 60 miles.
Some positions it is clearly waived ie SRO Instant. The qualifications are very specific for it.
The real point is TVA will get nearly 200 qualified applicants within 60 miles of the plant. No hiring manager in his right mind will go outside 60 miles.
I work at another utility that has a similar rule. Just interviewed for 10 positions. Got 16 viable candidates all within 60 miles.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
I believe the term "or a Vet" was used somewhere in there as well.

TVA

Yes a vet and 60 miles gets the same amount of points

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
I agree but dang man.

This guy thinks that any utility with a 60 mile pool cannot find 200 people within that range who are as loyal as him. I have yet to hire someone within 60 miles who left.

I don't recall seeing that said at all.  I saw a person trying to make their case for why they should have an equal chance as someone local, up to and including relocating.  When it all boils down we can still be respectful even in disagreement. 

Utilities exist because of their customers. TVA's mission is to improve the quality of life within the valley. It's one of the first things they tell you and yes they live it. I have worked at 2 utilities that use that rule, one that didnt. Of those everyone who hired in at the 60 mile plants is there. At the other half the people were gone within 10 years.

There are literally hundreds of qualified local candidates. They are a gold mine. Why go elsewhere?

This, right here, makes your point best of all posts in this thread. 

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

TVA

BTW I do hope he gets the job. My answering his posts in no way is an indication about my opinion as to my opinion as to whether he should be hired or not. I don't know his qualifications but I pull for everyone who I have ever interviewed,

Offline bradbathome

• Very Lite User
BTW I do hope he gets the job. My answering his posts in no way is an indication about my opinion as to my opinion as to whether he should be hired or not. I don't know his qualifications but I pull for everyone who I have ever interviewed,
Thanks.

TVA

By the way they use STAR Interview questions. Behavioral based.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
due knot fret over distance two tva. apply too amazon today n relocate inn da burgh after it gets announced their coming here. make $100k/year ware yins got 3 pro teams, museums, symphonies, and a lot of green space every ware.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
due knot fret over distance two tva. apply too amazon today n relocate inn da burgh

Can't translate....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?