Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu mm to elt

Author Topic: mm to elt  (Read 5203 times)

Offline smid1584

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
mm to elt
« on: Oct 27, 2017, 04:57 »
A little background:
I am a 22 year old African American female and did very well in hs math with above a 90 in all 4 years, but here is the problem. I have fail every math class after my first semester of college due to many different circumstances including death. I know the military has a zero tolerance for excuses and I am willing to take full responsibility for my actions. The reason why I opened up another thread is because I want more updated info instead of the info from 3 years ago. I have no previous arrest nor does anyone in my family. We are all US citizens and I have no relation to anyone outside of the US. THIS IS THE ONLY THING I AM EXTREMELY WORRIED ABOUT!!!! So here are my questions: 1. What are my chances of getting in with 4 D's in college? The classes were matrix, calc 3, numerical methods/analysis, and discrete math 2. Do they have a limited number of females they can accept into the nuke program? From the threads I have read it looks like we have a longer waiting time and they don't like to accept that many. 3. If I did by some miracle get in what is the average waiting time in DEP? 4. I know my recruiter is there to help me for the most part but do you think I should ask specific questions about my waivers to someone already in the nuke program? 5. How competitive is it to get in right at this moment? Are many people being qualified with no waivers needed? 6. What are the best possible arguments I can make in my waiver statement? Is there anything they like to see when they are making a decision to approve an academic degenerate? P.S. I just get the feeling I can't get the answers I am looking for from my recruiter.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017, 05:00 by smid1584 »

TVA

Re: mm to elt
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2017, 05:15 »
College = Meaningless

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2017, 10:57 »
1. It probably doesn't matter, but your recruiter would have the best answer (i.e. do you need a waiver for grades).
2. No.
3. Your recruiter will help you set up a ship date.
4. No, most people in the pipeline don't actually know much about the process beyond their specific circumstance.
5. Recruiter.
6. Recruiter.

TVA

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2017, 11:42 »
Did you get a C in Algebra 1?

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2017, 06:45 »
My daughter wanted to go into the nuke program recently. She scored 3 points too low on the ASFAB. You have to meet a certain grade on the ASFAB to even be considered. You can retake it in 3 months from the original date, BUT you may score lower, altering your chances for a different job that you would also like.

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2017, 09:08 »
Scored too low on the ASFAB?  Sounds like ELT material to me (snickering to myself)

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2017, 05:41 »
There's nothing wrong with a low ASVAB, after all, without BMs we'd never be able to tie up in port.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2017, 06:04 »
Scored too low on the ASFAB?  Sounds like ELT material to me (snickering to myself)

There's nothing wrong with a low ASVAB, after all, without BMs we'd never be able to tie up in port.

Play nice guys he is concerned about his daughter looking for help.  [GH]

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2017, 07:33 »
Ok, there are other jobs in the navy. If nuke doesn't work out, maybe something with computers or medical. I'm not sure what the ASVAB requirements are, but both are growing industries.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2017, 08:43 »
Ok, there are other jobs in the navy. If nuke doesn't work out, maybe something with computers or medical. I'm not sure what the ASVAB requirements are, but both are growing industries.

Maybe Crypto

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2017, 05:22 »
Maybe Crypto
I always thought that would be fun. There are a few different specializations (kind of like nukes, without the cross training), with different requirements.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?