Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SCANA leaves failed nuclear project to rot, upsetting some who want it finished  

Author Topic: SCANA leaves failed nuclear project to rot, upsetting some who want it finished  (Read 5053 times)

TVA

Just plain stupid

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

TVA

The idea that anyone would preserve any part of a partly complete reactor that will never be finished.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Is it just plain stupid,....or is it extraordinarily stupid? What happened to the old adage "don't start something if you can't finish it"?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
The idea that anyone would preserve any part of a partly complete reactor that will never be finished.

Got it.

Is it just plain stupid,....or is it extraordinarily stupid? What happened to the old adage "don't start something if you can't finish it"?

Having witnessed the after effects of "Failure to Perform/Complete" in the past it is not surprising that SCANA is doing near to nothing,...

that old adage applies to neighbors volunteering to mow each other's lawns, or telling your Mom you will finish her downstairs bathroom,...

mega billion dollar projects and capital expenditures operate (and fail) to a completely different paradigm,...

the "lawyers" which populate the South Carolina legislature should already know that,...

then again, those lawyers are now politicians,....go figure,.... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
aye yam surprised scans isn't dismantling n parting out components two udder ap1000 builds.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
aye yam surprised scans isn't dismantling n parting out components two udder ap1000 builds.

they might have a buyer somewhere for some stuff,...

it is probable that SCANA cannot touch it for that purpose yet,...

it is likely to be a while before the lawyers are done with the final asset and financial dispositions,...

(nobody wants to throw good money after bad)  [coffee]
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017, 07:48 by GLW »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
I think ya'll are being too rational. Like the board with no nuclear experience it is politicians who are wanting to preserve the plant for potential future construction. Watts Barr started construction in 1973 and unit one came on line in 1996 and unit two only recently. I know it's apples and oranges for the utility structure but politicians are involved in both. If betting, odds would be on never running but I don't think the odds of further construction is zero. I am still of the opinion that if nuclear has a future it will be with newer generations of reactors.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
I think ya'll are being too rational. Like the board with no nuclear experience it is politicians who are wanting to preserve the plant for potential future construction. Watts Barr started construction in 1973 and unit one came on line in 1996 and unit two only recently. I know it's apples and oranges for the utility structure but politicians are involved in both. If betting, odds would be on never running but I don't think the odds of further construction is zero. I am still of the opinion that if nuclear has a future it will be with newer generations of reactors.

well, IF the politicians want to put the ratepayers of South Carolina on the hook for maintaining the site ready for new construction to recommence THEN that would be a South Carolina political thing,...

somebody paid for keeping Watts Barr conditioned and furbished,...

I don't know who paid for it, I'm pretty sure I did not pay for it,...

I might be miffed if I were to find out I did,... :-\

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
I might be miffed if I were to find out I did,... :-\

It's TVA they claim:
 "TVA receives no taxpayer funding, deriving virtually all of its revenues from sales of electricity"

My Bill is not terrible here in Tennessee.

https://www.tva.gov/Newsroom/Watts-Bar-2-Project

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
It's TVA they claim:
 "TVA receives no taxpayer funding, deriving virtually all of its revenues from sales of electricity"

My Bill is not terrible here in Tennessee.

https://www.tva.gov/Newsroom/Watts-Bar-2-Project

if you're happy then,....you're happy!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PS - bills never make me happy,...at times I am content with the bills,....... but never happy,.... [coffee]

TVA

TVA isnt too bad but it is high

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
they might have a buyer somewhere for some stuff...

it is likely to be a while before the lawyers are done with the final asset and financial dispositions,...

eye wood think the chinese mire bee able n willing to get they're hands on components witch plug inn two there ap1000 new builds. if their condition is prime nuclear.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?