Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Siemens EPDs

Author Topic: Siemens EPDs  (Read 8181 times)

Offline Hasher

• Light User
  • Livin' the dream...
Siemens EPDs
« on: Jan 27, 2005, 01:53 »
I am curious if anyone knows of a plant that utilized the Yellow Siemens EPD. (EPD Mark 1)

I am interested in obtaining some "second-hand" if these are not currently being used.  I know that Maine Yankee had them, but it is now rubble so I have no idea who to even call.  Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cheers,

Hasher

Offline Nuclear_Dog

• First Line Greeter...have a nice day
  • Moderate User
  • Operators Rock...we get the whole plant a shaken!!
Re: Siemens EPDs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2005, 03:45 »
Bruce Power was using yellow Siemans EPD's till about 6 months ago. We were having problems with the batteries and EMF interferance would cause them to accumulate dose. We're now using the Mark II, I thinks, it's white anyway. I'm not sure what happened to the old ones.
Try www.brucepower.com for a contact.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."
Major Sidney Theodore Freedman

JnyMac

Re: Siemens EPDs
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2005, 04:32 »
Nuclear_Dog

Palo Verde uses the Merlin Gerin EPDs.  We had a real problem with our Radio Mikes spiking the dose on the EPDs too.  They did some testing and they created a new MG EPD.  I don't think we've had any RFI/EMF problems with the new ones.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?