Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TVA Demonstrates Site Boundary EPZ Possible for SMRs

Author Topic: TVA Demonstrates Site Boundary EPZ Possible for SMRs  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: TVA Demonstrates Site Boundary EPZ Possible for SMRs
« Reply #25 on: Nov 12, 2017, 04:55 »
Stout has a minor position. More importantly you dont see SMRs mentioned in any TVA future plan.

...and your current position with TVA is ???

TVA’s Clinch River Small Modular Reactor Project
Dan Stout

http://eec.ky.gov/Documents/TVA%20Clinch%20River.pdf

Offline GLW

« Reply #26 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:14 »

if I was to glean anything from Stout's .ppt presentations it would be that various military and govt. concerns should site SMRs on govt. property and divorce themselves completely from the commercial grid,....

not good for commercial nukes, pretty good for civil defense jobs,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:26 »
not good for commercial nukes, pretty good for civil defense jobs,....

OK not inconsistent from what I have heard here that it would be primarily a Lab power source and demonstration of feasibility. Promotion for many of the SMR uses are to fit a future grid as part of the baseline or industrial power whose cost can be predicted over decades. Not having to stockpile fuel and not have to negotiate with local governments and utilities would be a plus for a flexible load center like an SMR.

Offline TVA

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #28 on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:34 »
Have you noticed the reactors that are being closed are SMALL reactors or has this Inconvenient Truth escaped you?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #29 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:02 »
Have you noticed the reactors that are being closed are SMALL reactors or has this Inconvenient Truth escaped you?

I suspect all the old dinosaurs of the nuclear world will close in the future. I am (dreaming) looking at the future of power in general, the grid will need new thinking not the 5 monkey scenario. I don't claim that I am all knowing but do see the possibilities.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2017, 07:03 by Marlin »

Offline TVA

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:36 »
Has nothing to do with me or anyone being a dinosaur. It has to do with economics. If 25 people can create 500 of an item or the same 25 can create a 1000 of the same item in the same time which do you choose?
Realist.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2017, 08:13 »
Has nothing to do with me or anyone being a dinosaur. It has to do with economics. If 25 people can create 500 of an item or the same 25 can create a 1000 of the same item in the same time which do you choose?
Realist.

I was talking about the older nuclear plant designs, but take it as you like.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2017, 10:43 »
OK not inconsistent from what I have heard here that it would be primarily a Lab power source and demonstration of feasibility. Promotion for many of the SMR uses are to fit a future grid as part of the baseline or industrial power whose cost can be predicted over decades. Not having to stockpile fuel and not have to negotiate with local governments and utilities would be a plus for a flexible load center like an SMR.
thinking iffen the designers kin fit a smr inn two a package ala the anpp ml n pm series they're wood bee a utilitarian aspect during disaster recovery.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline GLW

« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2017, 06:33 »
Watts Barr is on line, Vogtle will probably go on line, SMRs are in design and in the approval process. How is that for facts.

Vogtle will not probably go on line,...

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,44469.msg202478/topicseen.html#new

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/vogtle-completion-no-longer-economic-georgia-psc-staff-says/512287/

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline TVA

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2017, 07:42 »
Vogtle isnt going online.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2019 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?