Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bettis Reactor Engineering School (BRES) Info?? honeypot

Author Topic: Bettis Reactor Engineering School (BRES) Info??  (Read 4371 times)

Offline bevans

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Bettis Reactor Engineering School (BRES) Info??
« on: Nov 29, 2017, 02:45 »
I am a college student graduating this May and am eligible for the Nuclear Reactor Engineering program in Washington D.C.

Before moving on with the application process, I wanted to find out a bit more about it. I haven't been able to find out much about the Bettis Engineering School, besides the sort of courses it offers, and the fact that it is about 6 months long.

Does it resemble attending a technical university? Or is it like 'engineering bootcamp'? I am particularly curious if I would be able to visit my significant other on weekends, since the school is a 6 month commitment. One person mentioned that it might resemble more of a 9 to 5 job than a typical university.

Please help! :D

atomicarcheologist

Re: Bettis Reactor Engineering School (BRES) Info??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2017, 05:19 »
It has been awhile since I was at Bettis, but I don't remember a school per se. Naval personnel and Bettis Lab people worked there, as well as contractors. There were some technical training there, but the only aspect I knew was the RCT training, which was in accordance with and certified to Navy Shipyard standards.
I think you would need to become an employee of the Lab or join the Navy to attend whatever school it is which you are interested.

Offline bevans

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Bettis Reactor Engineering School (BRES) Info??
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:43 »
It has been awhile since I was at Bettis, but I don't remember a school per se. Naval personnel and Bettis Lab people worked there, as well as contractors. There were some technical training there, but the only aspect I knew was the RCT training, which was in accordance with and certified to Navy Shipyard standards.
I think you would need to become an employee of the Lab or join the Navy to attend whatever school it is which you are interested.

The school is definitely for Naval Reactor Engineers, exclusively. And I am considering pursuing that position, but before I do, I wanted to know a bit more about the school. It is my understanding that after 6 weeks at ODS, Reactor Engineers spend 6 months at BRES learning more about nuclear reactors, before working in Washington DC.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?