Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Floor Monitor Scan Surveys honeypot

Author Topic: Floor Monitor Scan Surveys  (Read 3031 times)

Radconpro

Floor Monitor Scan Surveys
« on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:21 »
How would one convert the cpm of the floor monitor to units of dpm/100cm2 with a floor monitor? I have heard different opinions on whether to use the probe correction factor of 5.82 or not....

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Floor Monitor Scan Surveys
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2017, 09:29 »
It depends on the area of the probe, and the probes efficiency for the nuclide of interest.  Are you looking for C-14 or U-238 or TC-99 or Co-60 or...
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2017, 09:31 by Rennhack »

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2017, 10:29 »
Convert your reading to DPM. Then, determine the factor of 100 which is the area your probe "sees", i.e. if you have a 1000 cm2 probe your factor would be 10.Take your meter reading in DPM and divide by this factor and you will have DPM/100cm2.

Radconpro

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2017, 10:02 »
Thank you.  The probe is 582cm2 in size. That is what I thought.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2017, 10:15 »
scan surveys include observation interval, etc., particularly for NUREG 1507 compliant surveys, ISO 7503 compliant surveys have somewhat differing criteria, since you are asking for area and unit conversions for scan surveys I took a mulligan and added  [2cents] ,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:12 »
Thank you.  The probe is 582cm2 in size. That is what I thought.
mite bee. atomicarcheologist rote "area your probe "sees" " witch wood indicate he was alluding to rennhack's spiel of isotopes, inn particular low energies.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?