Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rippling Graphene Sheets May Be the Key to Clean, Unlimited Energy honeypot

Author Topic: Rippling Graphene Sheets May Be the Key to Clean, Unlimited Energy  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Again something not specifically nuclear but anything that can affect the grid, power production, or storage in the future (OK maybe far future) will affect nuclear power. I have posted articles about graphene in the past for it's potential as a super capacitor to be used in tandem with renewable energy. It appears that it can be used to generate power from room temperature. Not quite a perpetual motion machine more like the old self winding watches that worked on the wearers movement only it works on ambient temperature. Applications in the near term (projected) are for medical devices and other small power consuming devices, if ever as it still needs proof of concept. It does seem to show that the future of power is unclear. May be another "Zero Point" energy who knows. Even if if never gets by powering cell phones  that's a lot of power when you add up all the cell phones.

Rippling Graphene Sheets May Be the Key to Clean, Unlimited Energy

https://futurism.com/potential-clean-unlimited-energy/
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 12:38 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 03:18 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
What is the weight of a one meter square one atom thick sheet?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

I'll save you some time.

https://www.geek.com/science/geek-answers-what-is-graphene-1575393/

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
eyes bee guessing yins can't bye gist won.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2017, 09:53 by SloGlo »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp

what?!?!?!?,...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
too cheap to meter?!?!?!?!?

herd that bee four? 😏  ✌

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
eyes bee guessing yins can't bye gist won.

I believe that they can't even make one that big yet, but as for cost it was not that long ago that one square centimeter cost 10's of thousands of dollars. The price curve and the technology is a way's off. But if you told a buggy whip manufacturer in 1900 we would walk on the moon in 60 years he would have laughed. Being an old SciFi fan I put 50 quatloos on science and free enterprise, take us out Mr Sulu.

[coffee]
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2017, 10:39 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Found this today and is somewhat related. Wind, solar, fossil, hydro, graphene and now bacteria  ;) Ten or twenty years form now who knows what the mix of our power systems will be. Well all but one.  ::)

Scientists create stretchable battery made entirely out of fabric

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-12/bu-scs120717.php

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
   Yet another new power source though small it may eventually have some impact, clearly predicting the future of power is not clear but it is fun to speculate. Nuclear will not survive unless it evolves as well.

Electric eel inspires new power source

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2017/dec/13/electric-eel-inspires-new-power-source

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
gist git those eels to live and propagate round yore underwater tidal turbines n yule have a greenies cogeneration wet dream.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?