Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PSEG CEO: Salem, Hope Creek nukes will close absent subsidies  

Author Topic: PSEG CEO: Salem, Hope Creek nukes will close absent subsidies  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Wow just as TVAzillaRerun predicted!!  Isn't he the smartest!

RADBASTARD

sounds like they are trying to extort more money by threatening to close if the don't get it even though they are still making money just not making enough for them?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
PSEG CEO: Salem, Hope Creek nukes will close absent subsidies

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/pseg-ceo-salem-hope-creek-nukes-will-close-absent-subsidies/512345/
let pseg close em down n the aarp freize inn the dark.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Chimera

I wonder how many wind farms they can float off the coast of New Jersey.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
let pseg close em down n the aarp freize inn the dark.
No one is going to freeze in the dark. The government is happy to subsidize other less scary sounding unprofitable energy sources. Then taxes will go up and those on fixed incomes will just go on the dole and vote Democrat.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

TVA

Gas Turbines. Up and running in a year. Far less costly and can be staffed with 20 people. Wanna double the power? Make it a cogen. Thats what is killing this industry. Not subsidies of which the nuke industry gets plenty.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
What current subsidies is the "nuke industry" getting, smart guy? Name them and their $$ amount for each plant. How many millions does each plant PAY the Federal Government via the NRC every year?

Its moronic policy, moronic risk assessment, a moronic fear mongering view of anything nuclear, moronic beliefs that wind and solar can fill the missing power of shuttered nukes (which is replaced by gas.....a FOSSIL) and severe over regulation that's killing this industry. 

I'm certainly not Anti-Gas.....I'm Pro-Power. I understand that we cannot power the USA on Nuclear alone and that societies with plentiful power thrive, heck I will admit Id rather see a gas plant built than another 100 wind turbines vomiting their scenic pollution all over the place. I'm also a firm believer the USA's LARGEST producer (by far) of clean power is a national asset that deserves to be treated as one. On top of that its also the SAFEST form of power production.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017, 09:27 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?