Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fukushima dome roof takes shape, but radiation remains high honeypot

Author Topic: Fukushima dome roof takes shape, but radiation remains high  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Fukushima dome roof takes shape, but radiation remains high

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201712040041.html

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
10 mrem/hr next to the building and 68 mrem/hr near the pool...

Stay above the pool for 20 minutes and your deadly exposure is 22.6 mrem

OH MY GOD.....EVERYBODY RUN !!!!!!!
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

TVA

Ever hear of ALARA? I heard its a law or something.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Ever hear of ALARA? I heard its a law or something.
theirs a reason "reasonably" is inn that acronym.
that sayed, <=25 mrem wood bee a reasonable exposure four a member of the general public involved inn a photo op segment of a tore. since airborne concentrations ain't listed, wii dew knot no the total exposure involved, oar the total time of exposure. won could assume ( wit awl hazards they're in) theirs know loose contamination, sew skin dose mite bee ruled out, butt that is a risk awl sew.
aye dew knot sea a problem hear.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2017, 09:11 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TVA

In an 8 hour day its nearly .5 REM. In 10 days you hit a legal limit. I assumed 40 hours a week. In reality it's more.
Times 26 for work periods its over = 26 REM.
Bonds aint very bright too much of a cheerleader.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2017, 09:29 by TVA »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
Did you read the article, d-bag?

They spun it like staying in 68 mrem/hr for more than 20 minutes is dangerous. 68 mrem/hr is not even an HRA. That was my issue with it.

Also, if you actually knew anything about the effects of radiation via real science, you would understand 26 REM of ACUTE exposure does nothing to ones health let alone over the course of a year. The ALARA policy is based on bunk science from the 50’s. LNT is a joke.

Makes sense that you can’t comprehend that....I mean you think natural gas plants pollute less than Nukes.

atomicarcheologist

I'd say that if anyone spun the situation as being bad it was TEPCo. They mandated the stay time. They put the tour group in PCs and face masks. They body counted the group members prior to the tour. None of these actions will reduce stress in the non-nuclear professional, but are designed to minimize liability to licensees.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
I agree....and I'm certain TEPCO did a terrible job at explaining how very small the risk to their health was during the tour even if they stayed in the area longer than 20 minutes. Something I ALWAYS do when briefing visitors. People are scared of an invisible "something" their bodies are exposed to every second of their existence (radiation) mostly because they have no idea of this fact. This is included in my briefings as well to calm down their anxieties.....although I'm sure it backfires occasionally. Finding out you have been radioactive your whole like can be traumatic!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?