Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Qalifications  

Author Topic: NUPOC Qalifications  (Read 2603 times)

Offline luke_715

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NUPOC Qalifications
« on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:59 »

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and thought it might come in handy from time to time. Now to the main point of this. I am a freshman at the University of Oklahoma majoring in engineering physics. My first semester of college just came to a close and I ended up with the following grades: English Comp. I (A), Freshman Engineering (A), Calculus I (B), Intro. to Sociology (B), and Physics for Physics Majors I (C or B, depending on whether or not the grade gets curved). Worst case scenario, my first semester GPA is a 2.93 (I know, very low). I know academics play the most critical role in the NUPOC application, so how bad will this affect my chances of being offered an interview, not to mention being accepted into the program? Any input is appreciated, thank you!

Edit: Due to college credit earned during high school, I ended up with a 3.30 GPA.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2017, 12:49 by luke_715 »

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: NUPOC Qalifications
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:05 »
You need a B average or better in your technical courses. They filter out your non-technical courses when looking at your transcript.

Offline fourteener

• Light User
Re: NUPOC Qalifications
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:59 »
Too early to tell.  Wait til' you're a Junior ans see how the grades play out.  The higher the better.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?