Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Training EOOW

Author Topic: Training EOOW  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Wighty44

• Lurker
Training EOOW
« on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:37 »
It's been 40 years since I was at the West Milton prototype, but I'd like to know if the Training EOOW instructor position is still being filled.

To the best of my knowledge , I was one of the first four senior enlisted persons in the Navy that were given the opportunity to qualify as an EOOW.  I did that in December 1972.  I loved that job and enjoyed the responsibility for qualifying the officers and civilian engineers.

Yet my recent searches for information about that instructor position have come up empty.  So I'd  like to hear from those currently at the prototypes if the Training EOOW still exists, and if not what happened to it...

Thanks...
Ex Section 1 D1G Training EOOW

Offline NoHorns

• MMN1(SS)
  • Lurker
  • This shit isn't for everyone
Re: Training EOOW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2018, 11:27 »
Hey shippy, seems a shame nobody’s replied to this, but here’s the status (as of 2015 at NPTU Ballston Spa, S8G prototype):
The position is now called EOOW Training Assistant, almost always spoken ETA and is usually filled in each section by a CPO. The position mostly handles scheduling and manning final watch boards and oral boards for JOs. It is not nearly as well defined a position as Training Coordinator or Leading Crew Chief these days, it seems the program has shifted more toward the KAPL civilians handling most of the EOOW qualification admin.  As a side note, E-6 and E-7s qualifying EOOW is relatively commonplace these days, there were always at least 4 or 5 E-6s qualified plant wide during my time. Hope this answers your question.

Source: I was a SPU from May of ‘13 - June of ‘15.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?