Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Kephart

Author Topic: Gary Kephart  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Gary Kephart
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:31 »

Gary Kephart has passed, I worked with him at Clinton Power Station a few decades ago and he worked here in Oak Ridge more recently.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/obituaries/gary-kephart/article_48401ae6-a9f0-5470-a9ba-c1dc5c68b504.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 04:34 by Marlin »

Offline xobxnuke

• Light User
  • it's coming, keep your powder dry
Re: Gary Kephart
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:28 »
this is bad

i worked for gary many years ago

the world has definitely lost a quality individual

he was great to work for, none better in my 33 years in the business

he supported me going for the nrrpt and chp

gary, im gonna miss you, already do

(if anyone has details, please post and if anyone has contact info for his wife please message me)
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 05:47 by xobxnuke »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:43 »
this is bad

i worked for gary many years ago

the world has definitely lost a quality individual

he was great to work for, none better in my 33 years in the business

he supported me going for the nrrpt and chp

gary, im gonna miss you, already do

(if anyone has details, please post and if anyone has contact info for his wife please message me)

Try the condolences in the Obit. I went to the visitation tonight his many awards, certificates, and memorabilia were on display, a life well lived.

TVA

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:32 »
I hate seeing this sort of stuff. In the past year 4 very good people with whom I used to work have died of heart attacks, diabetes, and yesterday ALS. An RP Tech, Instructor, Mechanic and IC Tech. Good guys who I spent many happy hours working and swapping lies with. Here I am nearly 57 and I have no plans on leaving the industry until 70. I truly hope all my friends and people I work with live that long. The older I get the bigger holes they leave when they go.

Offline RadManCHP

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 02:23 »
Wow, Gary was too young to pass on.  I worked with him on the NRRPT Board and Exam Panel.  He was a very sharp (smart) guy.  Will miss him.

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:30 »
I missed the original posing back in January - I was in the hospital at the time.  I worked with Gary at Clinton for several years.  I am sorry to hear he has passed.

Raddog

« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2018, 03:57 »
I remember Gary from the 80s at Hanford. He would br studying on the bus ride home every night. PUREX got another one.... RIP my friend

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?