Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Watershed year ahead for US nuclear industry  

Author Topic: Watershed year ahead for US nuclear industry  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Watershed year ahead for US nuclear industry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:44 »
Well, I reckon that the best rose colored glasses can make tripe look like tenderloin,...

so, a few dichotomies to the highlights of the article (highlights which, are themselves, inconsistent with the signaling of the article's title),...

New York...(et al)... have "shown the way",....

No, New York has not, what New York has done is to accept subsidizing existing nuclear power plants as a bridge until current and yet to be developed "green" power supplies can supplant nuclear in New York, much more akin to life support for nuclear, rather than affirmation of nuclear's advantages or benefits,...

Kotek said the nuclear industry must demonstrate that it can build and complete nuclear plants. He said the decision to proceed with the nuclear construction project at Vogtle in Georgia was significant, offering an opportunity for the US nuclear sector to show it can "successfully" build new reactors.

the US nuclear sector has demonstrably proven that it cannot successfully build new reactors, the Vogtle and V.C. Summer nuclear projects were identical twins, both had the same reactor design, the same contractor, the same modular construction strategy,they began at roughly the same time in the late 2000s, both benefited from new laws that shifted financial risks from utilities to ratepayers, but only one of these twins survived,...

the mortality rate for new nuclear construction in the US of A is 50%, the still viable 50% is showing definitive signs of failure to thrive, stay tuned,...

[/size]The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission's recent conclusion that NuScale Power's small modular reactor design can operate safely without the need for so-called 1E electrical power supplies - a key aspect of the design - was a positive development. He said NRC's approval offered a "new paradigm for regulatory efficiency".[/color]

I have yet to witness local, public opposition to new nuclear ever evaluate 1E electrical power supplies as part of that opposition,....
I really, really doubt that no matter how many proponent rally posters state ""LOOK!!!! NO 1E REQUIRED!!!!" that the folks in opposition will stop and think to themselves, "Well yeah!!!! Now that you mention it, if there's no need for 1E electrical I am totally cool with a nuclear power site in my backyard!!!!",.....

I'm just saying,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Watershed year ahead for US nuclear industry
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:49 »
Well, I reckon that the best rose colored glasses can make tripe look like tenderloin,...

It's NEI, rose colored glasses is part of their job.  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?