Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Who to contact to take RCT CORE EXAM  

Author Topic: Who to contact to take RCT CORE EXAM  (Read 4948 times)

Offline ltr450

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Who to contact to take RCT CORE EXAM
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:28 »
Where can someone wanting to take the RCT CORE EXAM take the exam? I believe it has to be proctored, but I don't know where and when someone can take it to become certified.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Who to contact to take RCT CORE EXAM
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:15 »
I don't really think it works like that, but I've only been to one DOE site.  I believe today you have to take the core test for whatever site you are going to.  So if you go to Hanford Site, you would have to take it when you get there, unless you have taken it there in the last 2 years.  Unless some smaller DOE entity accepts core tests taken elsewhere, it is kinda site specific.  There isn't really a "core card".  I did print my training records though just in case.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2018, 11:47 »
HamSamich is mostly right.

There IS a core card, and each site is SUPPOSED to accept it.  However, the core card is only HALF of the actual RCT certification.  The 2nd half is site specific. 

The RCT CORE test is BEST taken where you are going, but there are a few companies that will give it to you.  There is no guarantee that the DOE will accept those cards.  But they MIGHT.

If you are in a situation where the site requires you to have a core card BEFORE you apply, then you can go that route, just understand they may make you take it AGAIN when you get there.

If you are real desperate, contact me.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:56 »
Recent experience here.  Spent 25 years in commercial with the NUF/NEU tests so when I was hired for INL I found a company to give me the DOE CORE in my home town.  They certified the local librarian and I was proctored in her office with an online version(for $125 which I didn't really have).  I passed but on day one of the INL experience I was told the DOE sites do not except any of the outside Core test cards.  The Nukeworker gold membership helped my prepare the best using the study material and the practice tests.  Hope this helps.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?