Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Family moving while in boot?

Author Topic: Family moving while in boot?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline NavyMom72

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Family moving while in boot?
« on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:08 »
Hey guys, I've read through a lot of posts and also searched elsewhere and couldn't find this so I was hoping someone would know!

I was wondering if the Navy would pay for our move to Charleston WHILE I am still in RTC.
I ship out end of June so I will be done with RTC around the beginning of September. My son's school starts before I will be done with boot so we want them to go ahead and move there so he doesn't have to start school for a few weeks here and then have to switch.
Is it possible for them to move us before I arrive at A-school? Or if my husband does the move himself and we keep the recipes for weight and everything will they reimburse us?
We own a second home there already so I don't want them to have to live in an empty house for a few weeks.
If anyone has any information please let me know!

Druid

Re: Family moving while in boot?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 11:25 »
Its funny. I saw the post title and thought back to when I was in boot. I was about three weeks in and I get a letter from my Mom that they had decided to sell the house and go on the road. Good thing I used by grandparents as my home of record!

Anyway, to you question - I don't know the answer. I would suggest that you reach out to ombudsman at NPTU. I think they have a Facebook page where you could get contact info.

Best,
D

Offline NavyMom72

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Family moving while in boot?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:59 »
Thank you for the reply, Druid. I will get in contact with them since my recruiters just keep saying yes to everything I ask without actually finding the information.

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?