Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gary Edwards

Author Topic: Gary Edwards  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Gary Edwards
« on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:53 »
Gary Allison (Tubbs) Edwards,  64,  of Dickson, TN, passed away of natural causes on Monday, January 15, 2018. A memorial service will be held on Saturday March 17th at 11 a.m. at Bruceton Funeral Home in Bruceton, TN.  Raised in Bruceton, Gary was educated at Central High School and University of Tennessee Martin and UT Knoxville. He made his career assisting the safe refueling of nuclear power plants around the United States. He is pre-deceased by his parents, Joe and Faye Edwards, his brothers Joe Duke and Mark, sister Jeaneen, sister-in-law Dottie, and nephew Jeff. He leaves behind his brother-in-law, Harold Lile of Durham NC, nephews and nieces Greg Edwards, Dan Lile, Drew Lile, Lisa Clay, Amy Gilbert  and their families, as well as his dear friends Randle and Elissa Williams of Dickson TN, and step-son Micah Morris of Hillsboro, OR.  A life-long sports fan, Gary loved Nascar, the UT Volunteers, and the Chicago Cubs. He was a generous and loving person who never met a stranger, and greeted everyone he encountered with a giant smile. He will be greatly missed. In lieu of flowers, please consider a gift to the American Heart Association.

Arrangements by Bruceton Funeral Home 731-586-2512.

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Gary Edwards
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 04:24 »
   Wow! Hate hearing this, worked with Gary a number of times. Plenty of jokes and it was not unusual to see him seated with a crowd surrounding him while he told jokes and stories. I have met and forgotten many people I have worked with but Gary was one of the characters I will always remember.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:28 »
Gary was truly one person you didn't want to forget. He did love his NASCAR, at times drove his Grand AM like he was in NASCAR. I have often thought of him since leaving the Rad Services southern circuit, and am sorry that I won't catch up with Chicken Wing if I get back there. A great guy, excellent tech, and magnificent co-worker. RIP.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2018, 06:54 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2018, 11:07 »
I don't think I will ever forget that smile or the perennial twinkle in his eye. He was one of the techs I was always glad to find at whichever site I had just arrived for the outage... you knew it was going to be better with him there. So sorry that he is gone.

This gets harder all the time...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline joebeats

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2018, 07:25 »
I met Gary back  in 1980 at Pilgrim and knew I had a friend for life. What a great guy and someone you really liked being around. He all ways had that big grin on his face like he just got away with something. If RPs had a Hall of Fame, Gary would have made it on the first ballot. Thank you for all the smiles you put on my face and others. RIP your friend Dave

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2018, 12:12 »
It's been a while, was Gary aka "Chicken Wing"?

surf50

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:51 »
I was just about to say I knew him as 'Chicken Wing', in the mid 80's.
Don't remember the story behind it, but I'm sure he told me once or twice! Sorry to hear about this.

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:42 »
Worked a lot of outages with ole "Wing".

Definitely on the list of memorables ....  always ranked high on entertainment value.

RIP buddy!

ISOCS

« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:52 »
WOW. I can't believe Chicken Wings has left us. I met him in 1981 at Oconee and we stayed at the same park at Lake Keowee. He will be missed.

Bob

Rad_Owl_2

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2018, 02:19 »
RIP chicken wing. I was there when you acquired that moniker at PB in the mid 70's.  You were a good tech and a good friend.  Also the only guy I ever met who had a record turntable installed in his brand new 1978 Trans Am.  Gary was the man.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018, 08:26 by Rad_Owl_2 »

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:47 »
yep, remember the chicken wing days at peach as well. Gary was a great guy, been lots of years since i saw him..

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:48 »
also remember the parade of trans ams and -28s at peach during those days...

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2018, 10:50 »
RIP chicken wing. I was there when you acquired that moniker at PB in the mid 70's.  You were a good tech and a good friend.  Also the only guy I ever met who had a record turntable installed in his brand new 1978 Trans Am.  Gary was the man.
that was a very grate time, n he was a vary good tech n person.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline wasteman

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2018, 11:56 »
that was a very grate time, n he was a vary good tech n person.

Z-28s

Offline Randy Redmond

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2018, 04:53 »
It's been many years.  Gary was one of the best.  I'll never forget that flight cap he always wore back in the day.

Offline RadManCHP

• Very Lite User
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 02:21 »
First worked with Chicken Wing at Oconee 1980/81.  Always  good for a laugh and he was a hard worker.

Offline fuelflea

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2018, 04:18 »
RIP my friend
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2018, 04:19 by fuelflea »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?