Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu maintenance - training or degree honeypot

Author Topic: maintenance - training or degree  (Read 3168 times)

Kurt84

maintenance - training or degree
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 03:05 »
I would like to start a career in electrical maintenance or I&C and was wondering if there are any training courses or degrees I could complete to help my chances of getting hired? They would have to be online as I have a full time job. I’ve worked in the heat and air industry for 13 years and have done general facility maintenance for several years also, mostly in residential and some light commercial settings. I have a family so getting experience from working outages isn’t really an option. Any advice would be appreciated.

TVA

Re: maintenance - training or degree
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2018, 03:45 »
Outside of an apprerenticeship I can’t think of any however you most likely have enough experience or background already provided you can pass the MASS

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2018, 01:58 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Kurt84

Re: maintenance - training or degree
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2018, 01:09 »
I took the MASS test for a I&C position in April and passed but was not selected for an interview.  I have also applied for several maintenance positions after passing the MASS but have not made it to a interview. I assume with no nuclear industry training or experience it may be difficult to make it passed the first round of screening and receive an interview.  SloGlo, thanks for the links and I'm playing with the idea of doing the online training from Bismarck for the certificate of completion in electronics thinking this may give me a step up. Do you all think this would be worth it or would the utility not pay much attention because its not a degree and if I were to be hired I would go through company training anyway?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?