Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Didn't get the job  

Author Topic: Didn't get the job  (Read 8763 times)

Offline quanta137

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Didn't get the job
« on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:19 »
I tested and interviewed with Exelon earlier this week, on Wednesday and Thursday. I asked how long it would be before I got my test results and was told it would be 2 weeks. I thought the interview went well, but I heard back today that I was not selected for the position. Only 5 days have passed, so I'm assuming my test scores weren't a factor. Is there a way to figure out what went wrong, so I can try to improve my chances next time? I prepared for the STAR interview and had good (I thought) responses for all their questions. They said they are still interviewing, so I just can't figure out where I went wrong.

TVA

Re: Didn't get the job
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:33 »
Most likely it was the testing

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:55 »
Is there a way to get my test results or to ask which section(s) I need to improve? I got hung up during the spatial reasoning test and only answered 6 questions in the amount of time given. I was told before the test that we should guess on questions we didn't complete, so I guessed on all the remaining questions in this section. Elsewhere on this site and other sites, I've read that you shouldn't guess because incorrect answers can be counted against you. Does this criteria change for each location?

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:11 »
It's been a while, but depending on what you applied for, there are several tests they give. The tests I took when I applied, BMST, POSS, and some psych test (I can't remember the name) I had the results by the end of the day. If they're still interviewing, it was likely a combination of the tests and, to a lesser extent, the interview.

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:55 »
Guess guess guess but if you only answered 6 thats most likely what pinged you
No you cannot get the results

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:59 »
Thank you for the input. I will continue studying for the exam, especially the spatial portion of the test. I am kicking myself for getting stuck and spending too much time on a single problem. Will Exelon be less likely to interview me/consider me for future positions because of this? NLO/AO positions seem to be few and far between already. I'm hoping this set back doesn't lead to my not even being considered. I'd love to take the test again and conquer it. All the other sections of the test I finished with time to spare.

TVA

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:20 »
Nope but you gotta pass the exam

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:52 »
There's probably a waiting period before you can retake it.

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:05 »
I ordered more study materials to help with my weak point in testing. In the meantime, Exelon contacted me about a position at a different site. I have been scouring this site and the internet to find out if I am allowed to take the POSS exam again or if there is a waiting period. I found the following info in these forums, but Exelon isn't on the list. Does anyone know the waiting period for Exelon?

Duke applicants may retest every 90 days.
Southern Company applicants may retest every 45 days.
Entergy applicants may retest every 30 days, but not more than twice in 12 months.
PG&E applicants 2nd attempt: 3 months after first attempt, 3rd attempt: 6 months after 2nd attempt, 4th and subsequent attempts: One year after previous attempt
APS applicants may retest after 3 months if it is your first re-test AND a job-related opportunity is available, after 12 months if you have already had a re-test AND a job-related opportunity is available.
Xcel applicants must wait 6 months before retaking the EEI test.
NextEra Energy (FLP) applicants must wait 30 days between 1st, 2nd & 3rd attempt to qualify on the same EEI test. 4 months between 3rd and future attempts.

TVA

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:25 »
User name and password are firstenergy

https://secure.eei.org/eeitests/onlineproducts/Login.aspx

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:26 »
Apply, worst case, they say you're not eligible. Meanwhile, use that link TVA provided and practice test taking. the exam itself isn't really hard, but you do have to move through it quickly.

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2018, 11:01 »
Thank you both. I did apply and the recruiter contacted me. I explained the situation and am waiting to hear back from her for better or worse.

Thank you for the link. I have already practiced it pretty extensively, and did before I took the POSS. The only section that is tough with the time limit is the figural reasoning. I am having problems finding enough resources. I have a bunch of books that should be delivered today that have practice questions on abstract reasoning, inductive reasoning, diagrammatic reasoning, spatial reasoning, and anything else I could find that was remotely connected. Does anyone know of any additional resources for the figural reasoning section of the test? I need questions that are tough enough that I can build my speed.

Offline PostShiftSupLife

• Light User
  • S8G Prototype 2011-2017
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2018, 02:21 »
Have you reached out to your original recruiter? They are able to tell you if it was one of the tests or the interview. They won't tell you which section of the test or your score on the test, but they would tell you that the POSS said you weren't recommended or unfavorable in the BMST. It may have just been that they had a large pool of candidates and you didn't make the cut (especially if they are referring you to another location).

Definitely try and get that information, you don't want to spend too much time working on the wrong thing! As for the spatial reasoning on the exam, I found it much more difficult and quicker paced than any of the practice exams I found. I think I only got through 6 or 7 of them if I remember correctly and that was fine.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2018, 02:21 by PostShiftSupLife »
S8G Prototype 2011-2017 | SRO ILT 2017+ @ Exelon

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:35 »
I did ask my recruiter and she got back to me today. I passed the BMST, but I need to retake the POSS. In case anyone in the future is in a similar position, Exelon allows you to retake the POSS after 90 days. The recruiter who contacted me about the new position I applied for said to send her a message in 60 days if I'm still interested. It's nice to still have hope! In the meantime, I will study for all of POSS, but I am 95% sure my hangup was the spatial reasoning.

Offline Tabby

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:58 »
@quanta137 I'm in the same boat. Passed the BMST, and failed the POSS. Knew I failed the POSS immediately due to poor time management. I requested to retest but recruiter believes the position will be filled internally. I am still going to try and reach out to him at the 2 month mark. Good luck!
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018, 12:44 by Tabby »

Offline quanta137

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:58 »
Good luck, Tabby. I always rely on my cell or the wall clock to tell me the time, so I didn't wear a watch. Next time, I will definitely wear a watch to help with the time management.

I'll report back here if I feel the resources I bought will help with the spatial reasoning. I got several last night and some look like they could help, but only time will tell. I need to work through the examples, first.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Feb 22, 2018, 03:02 »
There's part of your problem. You spend time looking at a clock or watch. You don't have much time for these tests. If you don't know the answer in the first few seconds or don't think you'll be able to figure out the answer quickly, either skip it or take your best guess and move on.

TVA

« Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:06 »
Screw the time. Just answer the questions

Offline Tabby

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:30 »
@quanta137 I received a document with login information for a study guide developed by Mometrix specifically for the POSS exam. You will need to contact your recruiter to gain access to sign up and view the study guide. There is a thread with a wealth of information pertaining to the BMST and POSS exam that can be found here: https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=13839.0
The ASVAB prep book is highly recommended in that thread.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?