Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu About DOE and the Federal Budget (Hiring Freeze)

Author Topic: About DOE and the Federal Budget (Hiring Freeze)  (Read 5434 times)

Offline ltr450

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
About DOE and the Federal Budget (Hiring Freeze)
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 10:10 »
Is there currently a hiring freeze within the DOE? Also, when might it be over if there is one?

Offline PostShiftSupLife

• Light User
  • S8G Prototype 2011-2017
Re: About DOE and the Federal Budget (Hiring Freeze)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:17 »
I haven't heard of a hiring freeze, in particular, though I did hear of a potential pay freeze. If there is one, only those with a crystal ball will know how long it will last. Last time was about 2 years, if I remember correctly. Was a disaster for manning at a couple of DOE sites that they're still feeling the effects of.
S8G Prototype 2011-2017 | SRO ILT 2017+ @ Exelon

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 11:05 »
BossLady works at a DOE (NNSA) site and she has not heard of a hiring freeze. What discipline?

TechSuper

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2018, 11:21 »
Currently, at Hanford WTP, there is not a defined freeze but they have placed a restriction on most all hiring activities except those that have been previously posted and personnel notified that they were being interviewed.  No additional hiring is occurring, for now. :-[

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:04 »
the word was put out a INL that all spending has been "curtailed".  my group had several new hires lined up but they were put on hold.  any major purchases have been delayed.  not sure of any other details.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?