Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Full ride vs Navy Nuke

Author Topic: Full ride vs Navy Nuke  (Read 3168 times)

Offline robofet998

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Full ride vs Navy Nuke
« on: Mar 08, 2018, 07:16 »
I have been considering about becoming a nuke ever since a family friend suggested it to me a few years ago. I am now a senior in high school who has take the ASVAB and I earned a 95. I plan to enter the military as either a nuke or in the reserves of one of the branches of the military. The only reason I am not 100% going to become a nuke is because I have been offered books tuition and fees at an ABET accredited university in my area for any engineering program. I know that there are a lot of benefits dealing with becoming a nuke though such as the reputation and the demand companies have for nukes as well as the experience. So I ask you all as current and former nukes which opportunity you believe would give the brightest future. Going full ride to a university for engineering while being a part of the reserves in some branch of the military or becoming a navy nuke?

TVA

Re: Full ride vs Navy Nuke
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2018, 08:02 »
Demand? LMAO

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2018, 05:04 »
You would not be very smart passing up a full ride at school for riding subs.  Get a degree and then become an officer if you really want to go into the military.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2018, 07:18 »
Nuke is dying field. The demand right now is to find places for laid off workers from closed plants to land. 1 location is building a new plant. That's it. 4 more plants shutting down in next couple of years.
You got a ride for Engineering school?
Try electrical - grid stability and solar are what is going to be driving electricity in the future.
Do the degree, be in the reserves if you like.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2018, 02:34 »
Go for the degree first.  If you still want to be a "nuke", do it as an officer.  That path will give you the widest range of things to do when you get older.  Insofar as the degree goes, I would recommend EE (first) or Mechanical (second choice).  If I had been smarter when I was your age, that's what I should have done.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?