Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The quiet fight to finally send nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain

Author Topic: The quiet fight to finally send nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
It definitely is the "Quiet Fight," as noted in the title, since most DOE folks are not even aware it's happening.  I was at a recent conference and I noted the recent effort to start some government funding and they all shook their heads and said it's a 100% dead.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
It definitely is the "Quiet Fight," as noted in the title, since most DOE folks are not even aware it's happening.  I was at a recent conference and I noted the recent effort to start some government funding and they all shook their heads and said it's a 100% dead.

perhaps 'cause some of them know that in 2012 the contracts to remove installed SSC was let out and executed, ergo, while you still have a hole in a mountain, the SSC to support licensing of that hole in a mountain are gone,....

so,....except for boring a hole in a mountain, the licensing is at A,...

and it's a long, long way to Z,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., deserves much of the credit for stopping the project by using his position in the Senate and his alliance with the Obama administration to block funding and stack the Nuclear Regulatory Commission with Yucca opponents.

Indeed.  Not just Yucca Opponents, but Nuclear Opponents.

The Republican House added $30 million for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which had largely closed down Yucca licensing activities under the Obama administration.

I remember a Democrat on this site trying to convince us how 'pro nuclear' Obama was.... HAHAHAHAH  ROFL

Back on topic:
Sen. Dean Heller, Nevada’s sole Republican senator, is the most vulnerable GOP lawmaker up for re-election in November. He is staunchly opposed to reviving the Yucca Mountain storage project and called the funding proposal “reckless.”

So... um.... No.

And...

This year, the Senate stripped out the $150 million for the DOE and NRC from its own energy appropriations measure.

[quit] [nuke] [pigfly] :old: [DH] [salute] [boohoo]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?