Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DHS, FBI say Russian hackers are targeting the energy sector

Author Topic: DHS, FBI say Russian hackers are targeting the energy sector  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
I expected NukeWorker to have a lot more articles and discussion on this topic.  Did I miss them?  When Wolf Creek is hacked to the core, but fortunately just for kicks and not to be sabotaged, I thought this would be a hotbed topic.

I haven't seen articles noting the other NRC/DOE sites, but it does note they've been warned of the activity and who is doing it.

I'm aware of one recent NRC site that wasn't allowing phone, computer, any electronic bluetooth devices within their main compound security area (regardless of classification).
They were hacked so badly, there was no hardline (or cell) phone or computer access within the area for over a year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/politics/russia-cyberattacks.html

TVA

BS

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
I expected NukeWorker to have a lot more articles and discussion on this topic.  Did I miss them?  When Wolf Creek is hacked to the core, but fortunately just for kicks and not to be sabotaged, I thought this would be a hotbed topic.

I haven't seen articles noting the other NRC/DOE sites, but it does note they've been warned of the activity and who is doing it.

I'm aware of one recent NRC site that wasn't allowing phone, computer, any electronic bluetooth devices within their main compound security area (regardless of classification).
They were hacked so badly, there was no hardline (or cell) phone or computer access within the area for over a year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/politics/russia-cyberattacks.html
aye know a major vendor sight witch got hacked sew bad bye the chinese inn the early years of this millennium that they still dew naught allow cell phones on inside the protected area.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
to be honest, I assumed for that entire year that the Chinese had hacked this NRC site.  Now I'm not sure who it was, Russian or Chinese. They did still operate stand-alone systems.

TVA

BS

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
BS
yins tell me how much ya wanna bet, n aisle tell ya ware two send the cheque.  knot quite shore of verification caws theirs a lack of public communication re this. butt wheel figure that out.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
what is BS?  The NY Times article?  The Wolf Creek hack?  the other NRC site EAST of the Mississippi?  The Russians involved in hacking?  Please keep me out of some childish political debate if this is a Trump thing.  I work at a DoD installation and the attempted hacking (or probing) is relentless and daily.  They have money to combat and do their own cyber-warfare.  A soft shoe-string budget NRC site may not be thinking of having a robust DoD -like cyber security program.  I'd like to see more information released, but between embarrassment, stock loss, and still lack of control, can you blame the other victims?    If this was actually BS, where are the Wolf Creek Nuclear folks on this webpage stepping up and denying the government info release?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?