Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Subjected related to tests / Career

Author Topic: Subjected related to tests / Career  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Subjected related to tests / Career
« on: Mar 17, 2018, 11:14 »
Hey guys. So I found out I did not qualify for the Nuclear mass. I took a combined poss / mass test. I did however qualify for both poss and mass fossil / hydro. I however recently just took the mass for Nuclear in hopes to pass it to get my interview. I have a few questions about backup options if I dont pass the mass Nuclear again. Im doing this all under southern company. My school is partnered with them.
1. Is working in a fossil fuel plant such as coal safe for my health?
2. If I worked in mainteance in a fossil plant for a couple of years would I be able to get on at a nuclear facility without having to take the mass nuclear? Im saying would work experience in a similar field omit me from that test?
3. If I work in Maintenance under a fossil plant is it possible I could do outage work in Nuclear like at plant vogtle and Hatch?

Im graduating in May with an associates in Nuclear Engineering Technology. Its frustrating to watch my classmates get to go where they want. I studied hard for the test this time so I hope I passed it. I will keep you guys updated as I find out next week. My goals are to get a job in maintenance at a Nuclear facility. Thanks for taking the tome to read this and answer my questions.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Subjected related to tests / Career
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2018, 07:02 »
Those are good questions.  I can't answer 2 & 3, but I am sure others can.  As for #1.... that is an odd question.  There are Federal Laws (OSHA) 'Occupational Safety and Health Administration'  (29 CFR) protecting worker health... you should be safe working anywhere.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Subjected related to tests / Career
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2018, 06:47 »
Those are good questions.  I can't answer 2 & 3, but I am sure others can.  As for #1.... that is an odd question.  There are Federal Laws (OSHA) 'Occupational Safety and Health Administration'  (29 CFR) protecting worker health... you should be safe working anywhere.

Great. Good news is I passed Mass Nuclear which is such a huge weight that has come off my chest. These are still good questions so if anyone knows feel free to answer.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?