Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu POSS/MASS Question (Yes I have searched around)

Author Topic: POSS/MASS Question (Yes I have searched around)  (Read 9598 times)

NOALA_93

POSS/MASS Question (Yes I have searched around)
« on: Mar 28, 2018, 03:41 »
So are there questions on the math section such as area of a triangle and questions similar to that on the POSS/MASS Exam? Yes i have searched the forum but a good chunk of it is several months or years old and just wanted a updated reflection. The reason I ask is because I have purchased the JobTestPrep MASS & POSS practice sets and neither have problems like this on them.

Thanks in advance!

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: POSS/MASS Question (Yes I have searched around)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:41 »
The practice questions for POSS are pretty good. They may not be what you'll see on the actual test, but they'll give you an idea of what is asked. I would be willing to bet that the MASS information is still pretty good.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:12 »
I recently took the Mass and its all conversions. For example how many rods are in a chain? How many furlongs are in a rod? Weird conversions nobody really knows. My advice is to make flashcards of a lot of conversions. Its what I did and I passed. I also took Poss but did not pass on a Nuclear level. I passed on the fossil / hydro level. From what I can remember Poss is made up of three sections. A conversion section exactly like the Mass, a algebra section which you will deal with a lot of decimals and things of that nature, and word problems. It wasn't to difficult but from what I can remember there were no triangles. Mass math section was 7 minutes to do 19 problems. Poss was like 17 minutes from what I can remember but you had many more problems. They tell you wrong answers do not count against you however my professor told me to not guess and work accurately and efficiently as possible. I did not guess and passed and I have known people to Christmas tree whats left of the final two minutes and failed. So my advice would be study because it will show and just work until the clock stops. Good luck and I hope you pass.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:49 »
I took a combined Poss / Mass the first go around and only passed Mass at a Nuclear Level. Certain tests like reading Comprehension, assembling objects, and mechanical concepts counted for both poss and mass. Then the smaller math (conversions only) only counted for the mass part. The bigger math was only for poss and had no effect on your mass score. The hardest sections for the combined Poss / Mass test was the patterns test(cant remember exactly the name). It was a Poss only test and the Conversions Mass test. It is imperative that you know some conversions before you walk in on test day. 7 minutes goes by super quick when you have you constantly look at a table for your conversions. My bigget piece of advice is to stay calm no matter what. Even if your struggling just stay calm because you will work more problems efficiently that way and its okay if you didnt finish. The only sections I actually finished were the reading comprehension and mechanical concepts.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2018, 09:56 »
Also one last thing I would like to point out about Math for the Mass is the answer N. If you did the problem right and the answer isnt up there mark N. I almost didnt and thought why would they make so many answers N? Well just be confident you did the problems right and mark N if needed. I marked N a lot so dont waste time going back to rework a problem you most likely did right and trust your gut.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2018, 02:08 »
Yes. Its pretty identical. Its basic stuff like, it may show a picture of a hair and it will say which is easier to push the chair across and it will show a smooth surface or a rough one and the answer obviously would be the smooth one.

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2018, 06:28 »
I tested under Southern Company. I have a interview in April.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2018, 06:49 by Sadawg04 »

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:30 »
That is correct there is no graphs or tables section.

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:08 »
Arent there 377644643 posts about this?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:24 »
Yeah man gosh.  The only real reason to post on here is to say something surly or call somebody an idiot.

TVA

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:40 »
Actually I have coached over 70 people on the poss exam with a 100 percent pass rate

TVA

« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2018, 09:40 »

Actually there are only 377644642 BUT the majority of them are a little out-dated like your sense of humor ;D .. ha-ha....

And thank you Sadawg04 for your recent POSS feedback

Says the guy who sought my help

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?