Career Path > Resume & Interview

Interview / Resume help

(1/5) > >>

Sadawg04:
So recently I took the Mass Nuclear. I qualified however I was recently informed about if I was hired they would require tax information showing proof of all the places I worked. The problem is I worked for a locally owned furniture stire and was paid in cash. I cant use it on my resume is what I was told. I luckily got a job for the week and I am going to be working at the masters so that will replace the furniture store job on my resume. My question is can I still talk about the furniture store in my interview? I was there for almost 6 months and during our interview practice my answers revolved heavily around the furniture store. If anyone knows this answer feel free to help. Thanks.

SloGlo:
did yew pay the tacks on the furniture store job? if sew, then aye due knot sea why that job can naught bee discussed.

TVA:
It’s for security. If you claim it as employment you must prove it. If not you must explain what you did when unemployed. On the other hand I have never heard of the individual having to bring in the proof.

scotoma:
Did the furniture store give you a W-2? A 1099? If not, then you didn't work there. If you already put it on your resume/job application and there is no paper trail, which leaves you 2 unpalatable choices. You and the furniture store are dodging taxes, or you falsified your application. If the furniture store confirms your employment & you made < $600, then there is no foul. If you made > $600, but less than the amount to file a return, then you may be off the hook, although the furniture store may not. If your employment was just last year and this year, then you still have time to recover.

GLW:

--- Quote from: scotoma on Mar 31, 2018, 08:23 ---Did the furniture store give you a W-2? A 1099? If not, then you didn't work there. If you already put it on your resume/job application and there is no paper trail, which leaves you 2 unpalatable choices. You and the furniture store are dodging taxes, or you falsified your application. If the furniture store confirms your employment & you made < $600, then there is no foul. If you made > $600, but less than the amount to file a return, then you may be off the hook, although the furniture store may not. If your employment was just last year and this year, then you still have time to recover.

--- End quote ---

Simple answer,...

get your taxes filed for the furniture store income pronto,...

if already done, show them your filings,...

if not already done, you will likely find out you owe taxes plus,...

you are not liable for what the furniture store did or did not comply with,...

you do not run their books, you only run your own,...

your new job in the well paying nuclear sector will help you with your tax bills,...

any tax dodging on your part, perceived or actual, is a trustworthiness issue,...

and can allow the utility to stop your application cold,...

your choice from here on,...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version