Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview / Resume help

Author Topic: Interview / Resume help  (Read 7029 times)

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Interview / Resume help
« on: Mar 30, 2018, 07:35 »
So recently I took the Mass Nuclear. I qualified however I was recently informed about if I was hired they would require tax information showing proof of all the places I worked. The problem is I worked for a locally owned furniture stire and was paid in cash. I cant use it on my resume is what I was told. I luckily got a job for the week and I am going to be working at the masters so that will replace the furniture store job on my resume. My question is can I still talk about the furniture store in my interview? I was there for almost 6 months and during our interview practice my answers revolved heavily around the furniture store. If anyone knows this answer feel free to help. Thanks.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Interview / Resume help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2018, 10:57 »
did yew pay the tacks on the furniture store job? if sew, then aye due knot sea why that job can naught bee discussed.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TVA

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2018, 07:13 »
It’s for security. If you claim it as employment you must prove it. If not you must explain what you did when unemployed. On the other hand I have never heard of the individual having to bring in the proof.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:23 »
Did the furniture store give you a W-2? A 1099? If not, then you didn't work there. If you already put it on your resume/job application and there is no paper trail, which leaves you 2 unpalatable choices. You and the furniture store are dodging taxes, or you falsified your application. If the furniture store confirms your employment & you made < $600, then there is no foul. If you made > $600, but less than the amount to file a return, then you may be off the hook, although the furniture store may not. If your employment was just last year and this year, then you still have time to recover.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:34 »
Did the furniture store give you a W-2? A 1099? If not, then you didn't work there. If you already put it on your resume/job application and there is no paper trail, which leaves you 2 unpalatable choices. You and the furniture store are dodging taxes, or you falsified your application. If the furniture store confirms your employment & you made < $600, then there is no foul. If you made > $600, but less than the amount to file a return, then you may be off the hook, although the furniture store may not. If your employment was just last year and this year, then you still have time to recover.

Simple answer,...

get your taxes filed for the furniture store income pronto,...

if already done, show them your filings,...

if not already done, you will likely find out you owe taxes plus,...

you are not liable for what the furniture store did or did not comply with,...

you do not run their books, you only run your own,...

your new job in the well paying nuclear sector will help you with your tax bills,...

any tax dodging on your part, perceived or actual, is a trustworthiness issue,...

and can allow the utility to stop your application cold,...

your choice from here on,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:44 »
Simple answer,...

a wee bit extra,...

if you file and fix then you keep it civil with the IRS et al,...

and the utility is okay with civil tax issues,....

if you do otherwise you open yourself to criminal issues with the IRS et al,...

the utility is not okay with criminal tax issues,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:45 »
a wee bit extra,...

if you file and fix then you keep it civil with the IRS et al,...

and the utility is okay with civil tax issues,....

well, up to $40,000.00,...

after that it gets complicated,...

TVA

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:35 »
The utility wont care if charges havent been filed

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2018, 11:06 »
I made less than $600 a month. I was paid in cash and only worked one or two days out of the weekend. The lady thats helping me told me that I cant get a reference saying I worked there so I have no idea what to do. I also have no idea if I can rven talk about the furniture store in my interview. I have no criminal charges or anything like that on me.

TVA

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2018, 11:39 »
No one CARES about the furniture store during the interview.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2018, 12:53 »
................... I have no idea what to do.........

4 different people here have recommended what to do 5 different ways,....

TVA

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2018, 03:13 »
It isnt our job. Grow a pair

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2018, 06:43 »
I figured this forum was here to help people.

TVA

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2018, 07:03 »
You need to learn to help yourself. You want to be a nuke. Its a GROWN UP business

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2018, 07:13 »
Will do. I will not use this forum anymore. Ill figure it out myself. I just figured someone could give me a answer. Sorry for asking man. I didnt mean to disturb you.

TVA

« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2018, 07:40 »
Multiple people gave you advice and you still went at it. Grow up. It’s a big boy industry

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:12 »
A bit of a reminder:

Forum Rules

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

It would be nice if senior experienced posters were more mature and patient with those just starting out. Try to remember what it was like when you were new to this business and treat them the way you would have liked to have been treated and not pay the BS forward.

TVA

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:41 »
Not paying the BS forward but this guy wont make it in the industry

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:10 »
Not paying the BS forward but this guy wont make it in the industry

Maybe but we should be facilitators not gatekeepers. It is up to an aspiring Nukeworker and potential employers as to who can really make it. I have been surprised a number of times on the career outcome of subordinates and co-workers who exceeded my expectations.

If you can't say something nice constructive ...  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2018, 10:14 by Marlin »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:20 »
Yeah really.  This guy is just asking  for advice.  He didn't ask anyone to help him move.

Your job at the furniture store only matters because the nuke plants have to verify the vast majority of what you spent your time doing after graduating HS.  They don't like holes in your resume not explained by unemployment due to lack of work. 

Hopefully you didn't work without paying taxes and then tell the world about it here on this forum.

TVA

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2018, 10:22 »
Actually he received opinions then said he doesnt know what to do. He wants his hand held. The nuke industry does not hold hands

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2018, 05:11 »
The nuke industry does not hold hands

Sure it does.  Look at all of those procedures that hold our hand, instead of expecting us to think.

TVA

« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2018, 07:35 »
Agree on that one however thats so you dont mess up the plant or violate a law. Thats not holding an adults hand

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?