Career Path > Nuclear Operator

Plants Hiring NLO or Initial RO/SRO

(1/3) > >>

frantzjh:
Hello all, for I want to start off by thanking whoever is involved in making this forum and website. It is very nice to have a place to go for nuke worker materials and resources.

Now back to the topic. I was wondering if anyone had any information or updates on Nuke plants that are or may be hiring and starting NLO or preferably Initial RO/SRO Licensing classes now or in the future.

I have been at Beaver Valley as an NLO for 3 years and worked at Westinghouse in Piping and Pipe Support Engineering for 1.5 years prior to starting at Beaver Valley. Before that I earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering (with a Nuclear Engineering certificate) from Pitt and worked some random jobs while I was a student.  In a perfect world, I'd really like to stay at Beaver Valley; however, with the recent announcement of deactivation of the plant in 2021 I must atleast look to see what's available.

Thank you all for reading. Any advice anyone could offer on this topic is greatly appreciated. Also, my apologies in advanced if this post should have been posted somewhere else or if there is any other forum etiquette that I may have unknowingly not adhered to by posting this. Let me know and I'll fix it going forward.

MMM:
I believe North Anna, near Richmond, VA, is hiring NLOs (fairly regularly) and possibly direct SROs and STAs. I know we hired several people from VC Summer when they shut down their new plants and may do the same for First Energy plants.

hamsamich:
grand gulf needs help.

TVA:
We have 46 NLOs in the pipeline. If he can license as an SRO..

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: MMM on Apr 02, 2018, 08:03 ---I believe North Anna, near Richmond, VA, is hiring NLOs (fairly regularly) and possibly direct SROs and STAs. I know we hired several people from VC Summer when they shut down their new plants and may do the same for First Energy plants.

--- End quote ---
north anna is a sister plant too da beav.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version