Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu AMID ARGUMENTS AND WARNINGS, NUCLEAR SUBSIDY BILL CLEARS COMMITTEE  

Author Topic: AMID ARGUMENTS AND WARNINGS, NUCLEAR SUBSIDY BILL CLEARS COMMITTEE  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Good news for NJ.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Good news for NJ.

Is it?

It is a $333.00 per year subsidy for every resident of New Jersey.

Except, not every resident pays taxes in New Jersey.

Children do not, that's 23% of the NJ population, and now the bill is $433.00 per year per resident,...

then again, households, businesses and governments pay utility bills,...

which means households and businesses pay the subsidies, because households and businesses foot the bill for the government,...

so we can just throw the whole notion of individual (population based) subsidy burden out the window and focus on the aforementioned revenue streams for the utility subsidy,...

which works out to $910.00 per entity as described a couple of statements ago, per year for ten years,...

good?!?!?!?!

I do not know how,...

that's pretty much Christmas at my household,...

of lack thereof,...

but, it's a Jersey thing, so, more power to 'em,....

metaphorically and literally, wow!, that do not happen often,...

(notice how a contraction would have sounded okay but when spelled out does not sound okay?, there's a metaphore in there somewhere)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
(notice how a contraction would have sounded okay but when spelled out does not sound okay?, there's a metaphore in there somewhere)
totally mist the possible contraction link... dam, ware is that bottle of prevagen?

yore $910/yr expense works out to $76/mo. nu jursie is a union state were avg wage is bout $24/he. sew, it's a round 3 hrs wage per  how's bill.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2018, 09:51 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
When homeowners often pay around $14,000 for annual property taxes and $300/year for tolls/EZ Pass:  it's just another cost to enjoy the megalopolis.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
When homeowners often pay around $14,000 for annual property taxes and $300/year for tolls/EZ Pass:  it's just another cost to enjoy the megalopolis.

three years dated, but a bit below $14,000.00,....

the disparity between median and average is a bit extreme, the rich in Jersey are a lot more rich than the not rich are not rich,....

New Jersey has consistently been a front runner for the highest property taxes assessed in the United States. The average property tax bill for New Jersey residents was $8,353 in 2015. This was a 2.4% increase from the $8,161 average tax in 2014. A high 89% of municipalities in New Jersey reported an increase in property tax assessments from 2014 to 2015. Property taxes make up 48% of all state and local taxes collected in New Jersey, which indicates that New Jersey relies heavily on property taxes to fund local governments. This is the second-highest percentage in the nation, with only New Hampshire, at 63%, relying more heavily on property taxes.

On average, New Jersey levies the highest property tax rates in the United States. The average assessment is 1.89% of the property value, which is the highest in the nation. This average assessment equates to 7.45% of an individual’s annual income, which is also the highest in the nation. The 2015 median property tax paid in New Jersey was $6,579, which again topped the amount paid nationwide. New Jersey’s 2016 effective property tax rate of 2.29% leads the nation as well.

https://www.investopedia.com/walkthrough/guide-buying-house-us/property-tax-assessment-state/northeast-region-property-taxes/new-jersey-property-tax-guide/#ixzz5CN8yySVW

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
sew, watt yore saying glw, is that the surcharge will get lost in the hi taxes bean charged two residents.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
sew, watt yore saying glw, is that the surcharge will get lost in the hi taxes bean charged two residents.

nope,...

THAT is what I perceive Mounder was alluding to,....

my position is "Just 'cause it does, don't make it right.",...

at the same time, it is a New Jersey solution to a New Jersey problem so only the folks of New Jersey have a stake in it,...

if they're "Meh! whatever!." about it then that's on them,...

if they rise up and "Vote the bums out!!!", well, that's they're prerogative too,...

on our side of the border, I reckon that if New Jersey taxpayers want to subsidize the payrolls of thousands of out of state seasonal nuke workers well then,....

"You go Jersey girls!!!!!",.....

:P ;) :) 8)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
whew! four a second they're aye thought eye was i-balling a paradigm shift 🙄

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
New Jersey passes bills for nuke subsidies, 50% RPS, 2 GW storage target

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/new-jersey-passes-bills-for-nuke-subsidies-50-rps-2-gw-storage-target/521314/

they should call these "bridge bills",....

or "comeuppance contributions",...

or "investment indemnities",...

or "span subsidies",...

or "wish welfare",...

or "payola pork",...

but, I reckon CES, etc. is as good as anything else,....

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
they should call these "bridge bills",....

or "comeuppance contributions",...

or "investment indemnities",...

or "span subsidies",...

or "wish welfare",...

or "payola pork",...

but, I reckon CES, etc. is as good as anything else,....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?