Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Meritorious advancement for outstanding high PRT honeypot

Author Topic: Meritorious advancement for outstanding high PRT  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Mak907

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Meritorious advancement for outstanding high PRT
« on: Apr 14, 2018, 07:12 »
I recently read that if you achieve an Outstanding High on your PRT at Boot Camp, you will be meritoriously advanced a paygrade. However, Nukes are already leaving as E-3 - does this not apply to them? Obviously it's still great to try and max your fitness test, I just doubt they're going to let someone leave boot camp as a petty officer. Does anyone know if there are any benefits (other than the obvious fitness/health benefits) for Nukes getting outstanding high on the prt at boot?

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: Meritorious advancement for outstanding high PRT
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2018, 11:26 »
None at all.

TVA

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2018, 08:16 »
Lol!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2018, 12:28 »
I recently read that if you achieve an Outstanding High on your PRT at Boot Camp, you will be meritoriously advanced a paygrade. However, Nukes are already leaving as E-3 - does this not apply to them? Obviously it's still great to try and max your fitness test, I just doubt they're going to let someone leave boot camp as a petty officer. Does anyone know if there are any benefits (other than the obvious fitness/health benefits) for Nukes getting outstanding high on the prt at boot?

Good luck,..

I was meritoriously advanced out of boot (FR -> FA),...

albeit I was not a NNPP candidate at the time,...

and it was 1980,...

and was before you were born,...

and it was a very different USN,...

OBTW,...

I saw a whole bunch of SA, SN, AA and AN types at MDW last night,...

but not any FA or FN types,...

which struck me as odd, I was thinking a boatload of non-rates from some carrier somewhere arriving for "A" schools as many had a ribbon or two and there were very few SR or AR types,...

but then I was noticing the dress blues really had that first issue out of boot camp look and none of them had the typical "sailor mods",...

but then there were the ribbons,...

I was a bit befuddled,...

unless nowadays the new recruits somehow earn or are awarded single and multiple ribbons straight out of boot,...

and the double and triple strikers were all 6YO types or some sorta new XYO thing the USN has going,...

:-\

like I typed earlier,...

and it was a very different USN,...

:P ;) :) 8)

almost forgot,...

sic,...(4 biercort)
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018, 12:30 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2018, 12:50 »
They are awared a ribbon for graduating bootcamp

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2018, 01:05 »
I still meet people out in the nuclear world who were in my boot camp class.  Last year it was an SRO at Vogtle.  Small world!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2018, 01:49 »
They are awared a ribbon for graduating bootcamp

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2018, 02:24 »

That's just wrong... so why am I smiling.  8)

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:31 »
Lmao

TVA

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:35 »
Three years ago we were heading to ANO for an interview. My wife and I were flying from O Hare. The baby sailors had just received orders and many were at O Hare. They all had ribbons. I asked a kid why they had ribbons. He said they had “earned” them by completing boot camp

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2018, 12:16 »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?