Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Joseph A Lancaster
honeypot

Author Topic: Joseph A Lancaster  (Read 7477 times)

Offline WilliamS

• Lurker
Joseph A Lancaster
« on: Oct 29, 2017, 06:10 »
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of my friend Joe Lancaster. Joe passed away yesterday at 2:40 PM. He will be greatly missed.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Re: Joseph A Lancaster
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2017, 06:36 »
One of the most unique Techs I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Touche

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2017, 07:23 »
Joe and I served in the Navy together in the late 80s. One of the kindest people I have known. Loved to exercise. Didn't see him again for a while, I think it was Perry (maybe Susquehanna) where he brought pizzas from Chicago for the HPs. Haven't seen him in 10+ years but kept up with him via Facebook. I will miss him. - Tom Grove

Offline earlbear11

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2017, 10:05 »
Joe was a wonderful person and RP. Tech.  He always had a smile

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2017, 12:51 »
This is very sad news. Joe was one of those people that when you walked into training you knew it was going to be a great outage. My prayers to Anna and the rest of his family

radbrat

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2017, 10:33 »
Worked with Joe many times in the 90's around the Midwest, "what a long strange trip my friend" RIP

Offline peepaw

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2017, 11:54 »
Great guy. He always knew how to put a smile on people's faces and he made working an outage fun.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2017, 04:26 »
Sorry to hear about Joe, had not seen him in about 15 yrs. Good guy

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2017, 11:50 »
Sad news!

A lot of great stories were created on Joe's behalf.

See ya upstairs if they let me in.

Wishbone

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2017, 08:00 »
Worked side by side with Joe in the DW nights at Peach for 2 outages.  It was an immense pleasure.  He would take up everyone's slack and volunteer for every job no one else wanted.  He was intelligent and funny and always had a smile on his face.  I loved working with him.  He was wickedly sarcastic and I loved every minute of it.  Very rare to have an interesting convo with someone who could see thru the BS and had more than one with Joe.  Sorry to Anna.

Offline radranger

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2017, 09:46 »
I want to say goodbye to one of the Icons of the industry. Fair Winds and Following Seas Joe. We'll miss you.
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2017, 09:47 by radranger »

Offline mitch

• Very Lite User
  • I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:06 »
I too will miss my brother Joe. I remember when we were working Palo Verde and I was working the RP desk. Joe was covering a crew to open a 36' capped valve just 3' above the floor within the back portion of RW valve gallery. This valve came from the upper levels and when Joe asked them if they knew for sure it had been drained; they informed it that Ops gave them the ok to open it. Joe stood by the door in a low dose rate field, and when they got to the last bolts and open it; a very large spout came up and Joe took into action. He took a rad bag and tried to contain it. Unfortunately all of them got soaked. Joe called the desk and informed us that he needed 5 paper suits for the workers. The RP lead Rick told him to put their clothes into a bag, and we will see what we can do to wash them. Joe told us that it wouldn't work; because he cut their clothes off with a pair of scissors; and they were waiting out in the hall way in their underwear. His survey of the valve gallery looked like a submarine; so they kept in the office for a couple weeks. Joe had a good sense of humor and a Good heart to help others when needed. If Joe had something on his mind; you know he was going to share it. I will miss him and I will remember our fellowship together. Anna was a Good wife to Joe. God Bless you Joe; I'll see you when I go home to be with the Lord!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2017, 11:02 »
The squiggly lines on his surveys designating his smearing of extension cords still makes me laugh.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline radglo

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2017, 01:27 »
Tammie and I are deeply saddened by this news. Joe was a good friend, and a great workmate. He was good at making you smile and as someone had stated earlier, "When you saw Joe and Anna in training with you, you knew it was going to be a great outage". Our hearts and prayers for Anna.

BamBam

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2018, 12:43 »
I'm sorry to hear of Joe's passing. I worked with Joe many times over the years and just last year at Point Beach. A great guy and he will definitely be missed.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?