Career Path > Getting in

Resume

(1/3) > >>

Alycat:

Hello all,

I am currently pursuing an AAS to work as an electrical tech, though also interested in I&C/I&E and mechanical maintenance. I was wondering what employers (particularly Palo Verde) like to see on resumes in regards to CE or other skills. At the moment I do not really have many skills. My previous job was a Veterinary Technician. Is there anything I can do to become a better candidate for when I graduate?

Thank you in advance!  :)

Sadawg04:
Your degree and education is your biggest selling point. Its not necessarily about the Nuclear experience you have but its all about how you sell yourself. Your resume should represent you. Are you a NRC scholar? is there any type of special certificate you could get if you maintain all A's and B's? Have you ever done any NANTeL courses? Are you Poss or Mass or Tech or whatever the pre employment test is are you qualified for that facility? Include anything those along those lines. If you get a interview you need to relate your answers around how you are a team player and how you show good communication. Integrity is also great to mention as well how your situation was resolved in a safe manner. Hope this helps.

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: TVA on Apr 18, 2018, 09:35 ---Experienced where? How many resumes have you reviewed or recommended for interviewing?

--- End quote ---

Instead of attempting to discredit Sadawg04 why not contribute to the discussion by answering the original posters questions?  Playing the part of the crabby old man of the neighborhood is really beneath you my friend. 

TVA:
I have probably helped more people than anyone here.
My point was if the individual has never been hired in this industry AND has never reviewed a resume as a hiring manager he shouldnt be giving advice.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: TVA on Apr 19, 2018, 06:25 ---I have probably helped more people than anyone here.
My point was if the individual has never been hired in this industry AND has never reviewed a resume as a hiring manager he shouldnt be giving advice.

--- End quote ---

BS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version