Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu new jersey nuclear renewable energy honeypot

Author Topic: new jersey nuclear renewable energy  (Read 2430 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: new jersey nuclear renewable energy
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2018, 05:22 »
I may faint...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:11 »
I may faint...
it way copy n paste, knot two worry.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:57 »
Looks like everyone except California is getting serious about carbon emissions.  Talked to two engineers who were part of the San Onofre debacle.  They swore up and down the generators were a relatively easy fix and the rest of the world (California politicians) were against them to restart the plant.  It was only an economic decision because the fight to restart would have been so expensive and much $$ would be lost while it was sitting S/D.  So if you include Diablo Canyon being slatted for S/D that means cali doesn't mind dropping about 4 GW of carbon free power recently and in the near future.   ANY remaining fossil fuel plants or buying power from fossil fuel states means that California chose carbon emitting generation over clean.  They can say what they want, but some of us know the truth.

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2018, 07:16 »
Uh replacing 4 steam generators isnt easy. Mismanagement killed San Onofre not California.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2018, 07:54 »
So you talked to the engineers that were actually implementing the fix, like I did?  So the ones you talked to said the exact opposite.  Interesting.  Kinda like when you said nuclear power was dead and constantly told everyone here how smart  you were and how stupid the rest of us are.

TVA

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2018, 07:57 »
Nuclear power is dying. We are part of the eulogy. Licensed on a PWR. They were never going to fix it. Offering to operate Unit 1 at 70% until they figured it out is proof. They mismanaged it and paid the price.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:08 »
Dying isn't dead, you were wrong and now won't admit it.  All these states saving nuclear power is happening and you said it wouldn't.  I don't think the engineers at SanO are lying to me.  I believe them.  They said the official line about what happened isn't the full truth and told me what really happened.  Get over your own self and realize other people in this world may be privy to info you don't have.

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:12 »
Thats a crock. They dont know and SCE didnt understand why.
Yep subsidies ie customers paying more.
The industry in the US is dead. It doesnt know it yet.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:22 »
Narcissism, plain and simple.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?