Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Background check concern

Author Topic: Background check concern  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Nuclearengggg

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Background check concern
« on: May 01, 2018, 10:33 »
Hello. So I have a question about the background check. I was recently hired under Southern Company. I did the background check and got to the criminal section. I got a ticket a while back for texting and driving. I was told it was in fact a misdermeanor. When I clicked I had a misdermeanor it was asking for an arrest date. I was never arrested so I called the company who did this check for southern company. The lady on the phone told me typically power companies dont look for a traffic citation like that as a misdermeanor. I asked her so are you telling me to put no? She replied with use your best judgement. I put no but will this be a concern later? I was never arrested so should I be concerned or should I not worry about it? Thanks so much. Im new to the site.

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
Re: Background check concern
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02 »
Are you working with a recruiter or hiring manager? Ask them. And maybe purchase a criminal record history for yourself to see how your infraction was recorded.

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:36 »
You can be charged and/or convicted of a misdemeanor without being arrested.  I would just say yes and give them the date of the infraction.  I am fairly certain that it will not be a big deal.  FYI, it is spelled misdemeanor.  I don't usually correct people's spelling mistakes, but in this case it could be beneficial to you.  Also, you should have asked this question before you turned in the paperwork.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:56 by 61nomad »

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:47 »
The biggest issue here is being able to prove whatever you are claiming.  I have been through the security maze several times but was always able to prove my case and made it out ok.  Also remember that with nuclear industry paperwork ALWAYs answer honestly and be ready for the aftermath.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:51 »
Just report what happened to the best of your knowledge. Contact the citation (ticket) authority and ask for the report. Report what is in the report. That is the official story and that is what utility will use.

TVA

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 05:22 »
Do not even attempt to hide it or not report it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?