Career Path > Getting in

Best route to become an RCT

<< < (2/3) > >>

GLW:
This is the information you seek:

https://aecom.jobs/carlsbad-nm/radiological-control-technician/D69BBBCF245B4427B15AF3AE8F243D51/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&vs=1554&utm_medium=Job%20Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE

There are minimum requirements and preferred qualifications,...

there is a competency test,...

if you cannot pass a similitude of the competency test, you cannot make the minimum requirements,...

regardless of of any BS or AS you may have, years of experience, or who you may know,...

if you do not try, you cannot fail,...

or succeed,...

hamsamich:
I don't know if wipp is like SRS but I met about 10 of the 30 newbies they hired.  All of them either had a parent working there or came from Aiken Tech.  Unless they had nuclear power plant experience or previous DOE nobody else was hired.  Maybe wipp is different.  Can't hurt to apply but my first step would be find out what they "really" want unless you know someone.  I guess you can apply for anything.  I wanna be an astronaut!

GLW:

--- Quote from: hamsamich on May 05, 2018, 07:20 ---....... I wanna be an astronaut!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: GLW on May 05, 2018, 02:08 ---
There are minimum requirements and preferred qualifications,...

--- End quote ---

So, What Does It Take to Be an Astronaut?

Astronaut requirements have changed with NASA's goals and missions. A pilot's license and engineering experience is still one route a person could take to becoming an astronaut, but it’s no longer the only one. Today, to be considered for an astronaut position, U.S. citizens must meet the following qualifications:

A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.
At least three years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
The ability to pass the NASA long-duration astronaut physical. Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20 for each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable.
Astronaut candidates must also have skills in leadership, teamwork and communications.

NASA's Astronaut Selection Board reviews the applications (a record-breaking 18,300 in 2016) and assesses each candidate's qualifications. The board then invites about 120 of the most highly qualified candidates to NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, for interviews. Of those interviewed, about half are invited back for a second round. Once the final astronauts are selected, they must complete a two-year training period.

With NASA's plans for the future of exploration, new astronauts will fly farther into space than ever before on lunar missions and may be the first to fly on to Mars.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/postsecondary/features/F_Astronaut_Requirements.html

hamsamich:
I can't even do roller coasters anymore....I'm out.

fiveeleven:
Astro knots and ELTs - nothing further to be said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version