Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu House to vote next week to move ahead with Yucca Mountain as nuclear waste dump

Author Topic: House to vote next week to move ahead with Yucca Mountain as nuclear waste dump  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline PostShiftSupLife

• Light User
  • S8G Prototype 2011-2017
This would be a huge win, hopefully it goes somewhere.
S8G Prototype 2011-2017 | SRO ILT 2017+ @ Exelon

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
This would be a huge win, hopefully it goes somewhere.

no, not really,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
They need to do something otherwise they are gonna have to cough up more money for more storage for DWPFs canisters.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
They need to do something otherwise they are gonna have to cough up more money for more storage for DWPFs canisters.

I still favor liquid metal reactors at DOE labs that can use expended fuel and excess plutonium from weapons treaties for fuel. But so far I am the only one I know of thinking this way. Commercial use yes but not DOE which could use it for power, experimentation, advance SMR technology, and waste processing. This would reduce long lived waste, provide security for proliferation concerns and power for increasing power demands on these sites. The new super computer (Summit) that will come on line next year will have a 15 MW peak load.

[coffee]

https://www.olcf.ornl.gov/olcf-resources/compute-systems/summit/

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
   ...The new super computer (Summit) that will come on line next year will have a 15 MW peak load.

[coffee]

knot a problem, lite off an udder gas turbine too give the greenies sum thing bout witch to beach.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 11:47 by Marlin »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Even trying to maintain a half full perspective - my personal take on the situation is the mountain rising up from the ashes is a ploy to fend off or delay the current and upcoming wave of lawsuits. I would think with all things considered, nary a cask will depart its current home state location and be pursuant of Horace Greeleys vision for at least 20 years. Before the sea lawyer brigade chimes - yes the Greeley vision would apply only to those facilities which are to the east of the mountain. Ya cant go west iffin yaint at least a tad east.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:46 by fiveeleven »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?