Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu INSIDE the heart of Fukushima's deadly reactor  

Author Topic: INSIDE the heart of Fukushima's deadly reactor  (Read 1384 times)

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
INSIDE the heart of Fukushima's deadly reactor
« on: May 07, 2018, 04:30 »
INSIDE the heart of Fukushima's deadly reactor: New footage shows melted nuclear fuel still clinging to the walls where radiation levels are so high even robots cannot enter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5686951/INSIDE-heart-Fukushimas-deadly-reactor.html

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Re: INSIDE the heart of Fukushima's deadly reactor
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:27 »
Fukushima's "DEADLY" reactors have killed and most likely will end up directly killing ZERO people. Doesn't sound very "DEADLY" to me and using the word "DEADLY" 100 times in an article doesn't make it true. Proper and ethical journalism/media would report this as "potentially deadly" at most. "DEADLY" means that it has killed....which in fact it has not. "The disaster was the worst nuclear incident since the Chernobyl meltdown of 1986" or you could truthfully report that it's the ONLY incident (for commercial nuclear power in the WHOLE WORLD) since the stupid Soviets decided to be complete lunatics with their terrible design of a reactor. The earthquake and resulting tsunami that killed almost 20,000 people was a "disaster". What happened at Fukushima as a result....not even close.

The heart of EVERY reactor is deadly in theory....and UNDER vessel is not the "HEART" of the reactor.

They have quite the mess to clean up no doubt, although overall it doesn't look as bad as I feared. Still, a pretty piss poor article filled with inaccuracies (holes in the reactor "floor", camera on a 50ft rod inserted into the reactor) on top of using the words "doomed" and "disaster" multiple times.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:30 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:34 »
Fukushima's "DEADLY" reactors have killed and most likely will end up directly killing ZERO people. Doesn't sound very "DEADLY" to me and using the word "DEADLY" 100 times in an article doesn't make it true. Proper and ethical journalism/media would report this as "potentially deadly" at most. "DEADLY" means that it has killed....which in fact it has not. "The disaster was the worst nuclear incident since the Chernobyl meltdown of 1986" or you could truthfully report that it's the ONLY incident (for commercial nuclear power in the WHOLE WORLD) since the stupid Soviets decided to be complete lunatics with their terrible design of a reactor. The earthquake and resulting tsunami that killed almost 20,000 people was a "disaster". What happened at Fukushima as a result....not even close.

The heart of EVERY reactor is deadly in theory....and UNDER vessel is not the "HEART" of the reactor.

They have quite the mess to clean up no doubt, although overall it doesn't look as bad as I feared. Still, a pretty piss poor article filled with inaccuracies (holes in the reactor "floor", camera on a 50ft rod inserted into the reactor) on top of using the words "doomed" and "disaster" multiple times.

Yeah but the pictures were kewl.   [42]

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:44 »
That I sadly agree with.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

TVA

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:55 »
The pics are sad :(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?