Career Path > Salary Questions

Wage Raises Due To Tax Cuts

<< < (6/8) > >>

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: hamsamich on May 12, 2018, 04:06 ---all I remember is i was shown a receipt/invoice that had my hourly rate on it for what I was billed.  I didn't have any insurance offfered to me thru the company.  it was about 70% after per diem was taken out.  the rate included per diem.  so I treated per diem as a pass thru and calculated my hourly rate minus the per diem.  It was about 30% higher than my hourly rate.  my company told me my travel home every month came out of a different pot of money...I didn't see the sheet on that part of it. 

--- End quote ---
sew, yore put my rate was 40% of the billing.

hamsamich:
It was just part of the ObamaBux normal 2-year contracts SRS got pre-2012.  They had so many RP techs out there it was crazy.  As usual I have no idea what SloGlo is talking about. After you took out the per diem it was about 70%.  About 4 of us sat around and calculated it...we were all getting about the same rate.  We just subtracted out the per diem and calculated what was left.  There was a statement about OT that was seperate from the PD/hourly rate...I worked so little OT I never focused on that part of it.  This is all while ago so I'm just giving you the gist.  Multiply what I was getting by 1.3 and that was about what the subcontract company was getting.

GLW:
why do you guys care?!?!?!?!

this is the amongst the most mundane, assinine discussions that ever occur on these forums,...

you, me, we get what we agree to work for,...

what the contract company gets above and beyond that should never be your, mine or other's issue,...

if you're curious about an eye opener, set yourself up and go in as a 1099 and get yourself a huge pile of money for your time,...

and then spend the precious hours of your life being sure Uncle Sam and Aunty Arizona get their cut and they're happy with it (aka  - no audit this year),...

yeah, as long as I am content with what I agreed to perform with how much I agreed to be compensated,...

I could not give a rat's ass if they billed at 5X my compensation rate,...

as I do have personal knowledge of some of the books at some of the places at one time or another,...

why do you guys care?!?!?!?!?

GLW:
BOT,....

after all typical increases in COL (health care hikes, inflation, etc.),...

I realized a net 2.7% bigger paycheck,...

so,....

compared to 2017,...

my SIRIUS XM is effectively free this year,...

plus I get about ten car payments for my better half's new car effectively free this year,...

good deal,....

for as long as it lasts,... :P ;) :) 8)

scotoma:
Employee business expenses are no longer deductible. Make sure that your per diem covers your expenses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version