Career Path > Salary Questions

Wage Raises Due To Tax Cuts

<< < (2/8) > >>

Marlin:
   BossLady got a larger raise with the tax cut than any company raise she has gotten. That may change as the RCTs at Y-12 recently voted to go union. As for service companies passing along the rate cuts, they are on very thin profit margins in general and pay scales are set by each contract. It is very possible that the raise disappears in the next bid to compete for the contracts. Companies that produce a product have a different business model than staff augmentation. Job shoppers who choose not to wear the golden handcuffs of a utility or other brick and mortar facility are "At Will" employees and exchange company security for freedom and personal responsibility.

[coffee]

TVA:
Exactly. Completely negotiated with the buyer

TVA:
Dude deleted his post

atomicarcheologist:

--- Quote from: TVA on May 09, 2018, 03:37 ---Exactly. Completely negotiated with the buyer

--- End quote ---
From what I have read here, wages have been stagnate for over a decade.
Since contracts are in place, the companies are making 18% more than previously. Since their overhead shouldn't have increased more than what was built into their (awarded) bid, I can be relatively certain this extra 18% is profit.
To keep and attract the type of employees desired, a company usually offers better compensation than it's competitors. With windfall profit, it should be simple.
That brings me back to my original post on this thread.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Atomic Archeologist on May 10, 2018, 09:10 ---From what I have read here, wages have been stagnate for over a decade.
Since contracts are in place, the companies are making 18% more than previously. Since their overhead shouldn't have increased more than what was built into their (awarded) bid, I can be relatively certain this extra 18% is profit.
To keep and attract the type of employees desired, a company usually offers better compensation than it's competitors. With windfall profit, it should be simple.
That brings me back to my original post on this thread.

--- End quote ---

Typically contractors do talk more about wage than pay package and contractors have been effectively declining on both counts for a long time. Contractors are laid off and rehired for each job and are typically locked into negotiated contracts. Brick and mortar employees may be able to count on pay raises while employed but I strongly suspect that job shoppers will only see an increase with new contracts and staffing which may appear in the bonuses paid or other compensation. YMMV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version