Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Trying to break into the field.

Author Topic: Trying to break into the field.  (Read 4519 times)

Offline danielkennamore

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Trying to break into the field.
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:45 »
So, I am an operator at a petrochemical facility. I'm going tomorrow for my EEI test, and I know that I'm up against some heavy competition. I guess I'd like to know kind of how my fit would be with my current experience.

Right now I work in a hydrogenation process area. We have a slurry of alkaline materials being circulated with 500 psi Hydrogen that we manufacture and compress with steam turbine driven compressors. We do have radiation areas, but it is for level transmitters, not anything on the scale of what you guys deal with day in and day out.

I work in the field and on DCS boards (ProVox and DeltaV). I'm qualified in both. Field work includes operating and troubleshooting pumps, strainers, filters, shell and tube exchangers, plate-frame exchangers, electric drive compressors, 650 lb. steam drive compressors, methane reformer furnaces, acid gas extraction system. I pull samples and make adjustments based on analysis. We isolate, clean up, lock out, and prep equipment for maintenance and then unlock, pressure test, and start the equipment back up.

Talking to my nuke buddies, there seems to be a good bit of crossover, but I was wondering if any of you have made that jump or are familiar with other people that have.

Thanks for any input! Y'all be safe out there.

Offline danielkennamore

• Lurker
Re: Trying to break into the field.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2018, 06:29 »
Finally got EEI results back, and I got "Recommended" on all the sections. Still waiting for more information and I'm in a crowded field trying to get in, but would still be interested in you guys' insight.

Offline Tabby

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2018, 12:50 »
You wouldn't have been invited to take the exam if you didn't have an appropriate background. Best of luck on your interview!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2018, 03:11 »
Just be confident!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline texsyfygal

• Lurker
Re: Trying to break into the field - should I?
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2018, 03:20 »
Hi All!

I have heard that there will not be an abundance of HP jobs in the future. I would like to verify this information with someone? anyone?

I was signed up for that Degree Plan and was told not to pursue this due to the lack of future jobs.

Thanks!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2018, 07:11 »
I think it is up for grabs whether it stagnates or slowly drops....could go either way, but probably won't be going up anytime soon.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2018, 01:51 »
as long aze their are people fearful of radiation they're will bee a knead four professionals inn this field.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?