Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what are Traveling Senior Rad Control Tech earning per hour?  

Author Topic: what are Traveling Senior Rad Control Tech earning per hour?  (Read 38296 times)

atomicarcheologist

2nd thing is, that you can leave to go on your next "real road tech job" and have a heck of a wage level in your recent work history to use when discussing wage with subsequent employers.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
sew, let's sea... they're was a backup  job this autumn at $45/hr w/ $110 per diem witch had strong denial of existence. then a job posted (several thymes) for $42/hr that was decried as knot bean a real job four road tex.
is their any reason to wonder why wages stagnate in the biz?
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018, 06:43 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

atomicarcheologist

I'm hearing some disturbing money news. At Commanche Peak, I'm told that RSCS was originally at $33 and $119, and then got cut to $29 and $110 when they got on site. D&Z backup techs confirmed in at $29 & $110. Is this true? If so,  how often is this practiced at the commercial NPP sites?
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2018, 06:53 by Atomic Archeologist »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Correction - RSCS lost the contract, DZ was not back-up, they are primary at Comanche now.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
RSCS lost they contract because they were underbid by DZ.  They knew it was a possibility but were trying to keep the wages better.  This is straight from the horse's mouth.  I'm not telling you who the horse is.

atomicarcheologist

Thanks to both of you. That makes much more sense than what I was hearing in the bottom of this fifteen foot trench.

atomicarcheologist

I'm hearing that Turkey Point is paying $45/hr, ala Diablo Canyon.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User

I wish! It would make staffing a hell of a lot easier.   If that's a true amount it has to be for the Temp. House Techs they bring in on occasion.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

atomicarcheologist

....   If that's a true amount it has to be for the Temp. House Techs they bring in on occasion.
I believe it is... ala Diablo Canyon.
But it still falls into the venue of Traveling Senior Rad Control Tech.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

They are PROBABLY referring to traveling CONTRACTOR Sr Techs.  Not HOUSE.  Two VERY VERY different standards.

Its like apples and mustangs.

atomicarcheologist

They are PROBABLY referring to traveling CONTRACTOR Sr Techs.  Not HOUSE.  Two VERY VERY different standards.

Its like apples and mustangs.
However, the same personnel fulfill the standards as they move from plant to plant, correct?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
When in doubt. go to the source. There is too much misinformation on the web. Rumors are not truth and speculation is a fools game.

atomicarcheologist

When I swing meters with people who have gone in and out of DC and now TP, I know that they are the same personnel.
I don't need no stinking internet research.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User

That it does, they all come from the same pool of personnel

Offline S T I G

• Moderate User
  • S T I G
The highest wage currently that I have heard of for a traveling road tech (Sr. RCT) is $65.00/hr + perdiem @ LANL.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2023, 12:43 by S T I G »

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
In April of 84, Numanco was paying 9.50/44 for a fresh out ELT.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
In April of 84, Numanco was paying 9.50/44 for a fresh out ELT.

6.50/35 VY 78 for fresh ELT. Seismic restraints then TMI caused a shortage driving wages up. Per a union wanting to organize road techs there were only 750 road techs at the time and TMI asked for 300 right after the accident. There were a few techs who had ANSI quals until they had the required ANSI time.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2023, 10:20 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
d&z @ $51/hr at bv fore locals.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?