Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Oyster Creek nuclear plant submits 60-year, $1.4 billion closing plan  

Author Topic: Oyster Creek nuclear plant submits 60-year, $1.4 billion closing plan  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.

“The faster they can get (the waste) into dry cask storage and get rid of the pools, the better,” New Jersey Sierra Club Director Jeff Tittel said.

Funny...it wasn't that long ago they were saying dry cask storage is extremely dangerous......

Whatever creates more fear mongering about the Nuclear Power Industry and increases expenses to the Utility is the name of the game. It is completely disgusting these blatant BS Anti-Nukes ALWAYS seem to get their moronic input into all articles about Nuclear energy. 

It takes 360 million gallons of water a day to cool the spent fuel pool  ::)
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp

It takes 360 million gallons of water a day to cool the spent fuel pool  ::)
how many pumps are inn that s.f.p.? aye yam familiar wit 1500 gpm pumps inn that area...
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TVA

You surely meant 2.2 million and given it’s normally a closed system the real number is uh zero.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
I think what he was getting at is the volume of water required to keep the fuel pool safe compared to nothing for dry casking and how silly the sierra club is.

TVA

It isnt 360 million gallons per day. At most its a couple million with maybe a 100 gallons make up.

TVA

The largest fuel pool in the world is just under a million gallons

TVA

No way is Bonds and operator

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
yeah he is an hp.  but I get his point.

TVA

There is no valid point.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
If you had read the article linked in the OP it would have been obvious that Bonds was quoting the article. Utilizing a bit of veiled sarcasm to state how absurd the quoted GPD amount is/was.

If you did read the article then maybe some reading comprehension would be helpful prior to slamming a poster for what they posted.

Pretty sure it doesn't take a licensed operator to figure out that 360 million GPD is a ridiculous amount of water, far in excess of what it should take to cool a SFP. RP's do spend quite a bit of time around the SFP, probably know a little bit about it. [2cents]
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 05:45 by ksheed12 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
If you had read the article linked in the OP it would have been obvious that Bonds was quoting the article. Utilizing a bit of veiled sarcasm to state how absurd the quoted GPD amount is/was.

witch is ware eye was.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
If you had read the article linked in the OP it would have been obvious that Bonds was quoting the article. Utilizing a bit of veiled sarcasm to state how absurd the quoted GPD amount is/was.......

see?!?!?!?

it 'most always comes down to the emoticons,.....

this is "Roll Eyes" -  ::)

and this is dripping sarcasm -  [sarcasm]

I only mention this because I lobbied for the dripping sarcasm emoticon for a long time on these boards exactly because my prodigious use of typed sarcasm was so very often missed and I was multilithically eviscerated by folks who did not "get it",...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
[quote author=GLW link=topic=45195.msg204931#msg204931
... I was multilithically eviscerated by folks who did not "get it",...

quite the picture of a pressing situation 🤤

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
god really TVA?  so you are agreeing with Sierra Club?  the point is, since you are so dense, the SC said dry casking is extremely dangerous,  but now they are saying essentially the exact opposite.  I'd like to know...are you just laughing at us for responding to your idiocy?  or are you really that dense?  because if you are just saying things to provoke people....not cool man.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
I can say that the dry casking I participated in with the outage services guys at the creek wasn't extremely dangerous.  As to the amount of gallons going in and out of the condenser bay, I'll leave that up to the professionals.  They did not teach me that number when I went through system training.  I can tell you all about the poop hole room and the steam jet air ejector it contains though.
LM

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?