Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sue Opdyke honeypot

Author Topic: Sue Opdyke  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
Sue Opdyke
« on: Jun 04, 2018, 03:10 »

All, Sue Opdyke is leaving this crazy business.  She has given her 2-day notice, i.e., she is leaving today.  Tomorrow, she officially joins the ranks of the "retired".  She will now spend her time travelling and having fun and will not have to spend another second dealing with a bunch of knuckle-heads like us.  Spent six years with her at RSI and spent the last 16 years with her with BSI.  She was always there for me, to fix my problems, to help me deal with my issues. or just to be someone I could vent to.  Most of all, I am honored to say, she was my friend.  Thank you Sue for everything.  You will be missed.  Call me sometime when I am home and we will go to lunch and catch up, or maybe have a chuckle as we reminisce.  As Jerry used to sing;

Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile!
Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: Sue Opdyke
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2018, 03:36 »
Congratulation on your trip to the starting gate. Soon, the activities of your workaday life, those habits that you have that have made your life successful and fulfilling, will begin to fade. They will come back to you while you sleep, you'll wake and they'll be gone. The clouds will start to thin, and you will be able to see more clearly than you have in a long time (like before you had to get a job). But now you are old enough to know better. As you relax into your new life, you'll have one nagging question "Why didn't I do this sooner?". Good luck and God bless you!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2018, 04:30 »

All, Sue Opdyke is..........

please allow me,....schmuck!!!!!!

......As Jerry used to sing;

Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile!

don't let those 'heads fool ya with their faux religion,....

Jim Croce said it all better,...

And I carry it with me and I sing it loud
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud

fair winds and following seas Sue, you've earned it,... 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2018, 04:55 »
Sue Opdyke. One of my favorite company contacts from way back in the day. She always was square with me and always took ownership of situations that were hers, which I respected.

Have a great retirement Sue! Few deserve it more.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2018, 04:56 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:18 »
Congrats Sue .you earned it so now enjoy your life and slowly forget about this biz / rat race.
The good ole days of the rental tech biz are far behind.. And you we're a big part of it!
We used to refer to you as Sue-Manco back in the Chuck Pierce and later Westinghouse Numanco days.
Enjoy! ;)
Andrew Plas
"JUST WIN BABY"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2018, 06:36 »
None better.

Enough said.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Chimera

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2018, 04:04 »
Congratulations, Sue.  I hope you get to do all the things you planned on when you were just dreaming about retiring.

Michael Kreisher

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:49 »
Good for you Sue ! Good luck to you and yours and I will always be indebted and thankful to you and of course "the Jamesable" for the per diem after my motorcycle accident in 87.
Sincerely - Steve McGuire.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:42 »
Met Sue for the first time back at the Pawtucket Chamber of Commerce building where the Numanco office was at the time and many times since.  Definitely the best person to work with in the contractor business ever.
LM

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:58 »
You rock Laundry Man! Great Karma.

Offline Al Eidson

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:55 »
Sue was the best of the best. Always a straight shooter and genuine person. Best of luck Sue. Al Eidson

TechSuper

« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2018, 08:41 »
Sue, from an old acquaintance, I wish you the best in your retirement life.  You have been very helpful and supporting throughout the years and are deserving of a rest.  Enjoy and most importantly take care of yourself.  It was always a pleasure to work with you on the job scene and I hope you trained your replacement to be as courteous and helpful as you were.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:19 »
Well, thank you Wojo (Woj) for being such a scmuck. We appreciate the opportunity to thank Sue for all the great thins that she has done. And since you have done this wonderful thing, you must host the retirement party, at your expense. Where is it & when is it?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?