Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Enlisted to OCS

Author Topic: Enlisted to OCS  (Read 2675 times)

camart0405

Enlisted to OCS
« on: Jun 08, 2018, 09:00 »
Seeking advice on going enlisted to officer via OCS:

I graduated bootcamp in October and as of FEB 2018 I received my bachelors of science in Biology from UMass Amherst with a GPA of 2.99. I realize my GPA was not so stellar however I have graduated bootcamp at the very top of my training group earning the Military Excellence Award. I finished A-school as the class honorman with a GPA of 3.71(mechanic) and currently hold a 3.51 GPA and climbing three quarters of the way through power school. Never scored below an excellent low on a PRT. As far as leadership goes I am the athletic petty officer for my class but that's about it. I plan on putting in a package regardless, but I want to get an idea of how competitive I am. Will my academics thus far in the Navy negate my poor college performance? Any tips to make myself more competitive? I plan on putting in some volunteer hours before power school is over.  Thanks in advance.

V/R
MM3

HeavyD

Re: Enlisted to OCS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:25 »
Important question asked of everyone who applies for a commissioning program:

"Why do you want to be a Naval officer?"

Best of luck and thank you for volunteering.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: Enlisted to OCS
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:26 »
If you want to be a nuke officer, you need calculus and calculus-based physics, and I believe a higher college GPA. You can always apply, the worst thing that happens is you get turned down.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?