Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Shipyard, Naval Undersea Museum partner to preserve piece of historic submarine

Author Topic: Shipyard, Naval Undersea Museum partner to preserve piece of historic submarine  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2018, 10:44 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
I met a bunch of NR-1 guys in 1991 while it was in drydock at PNSY in NH.  Way cool guys.  Our TLD reader broke so we had to use theirs.  What a great bunch of guys.  I think they are all qualified everything on their sub...like EOOW EWS DV ERS RO SRO SRW ELT all of it.  They had a big drape around it so nobody could see the top secret bottom.  One of the guys found out moral and conditions on our sub were not good so he immediately asked for an audience with our captain to volunteer to come to our boat as the LELT to make things better.  These guys just wouldn't quit.  Much respect  for NR-1 sailors.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
I was there at Port Canaveral when the NR-1 was retrieving Challenger parts.  It was interesting talking to the crew of the sub and the support ship.  The only bad part was their schedule didn't allow us time to tour the sub.  That would have been a great experience.  Still cool from the outside up close.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?