Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Unemployment
honeypot

Author Topic: Unemployment  (Read 5504 times)

moochiebubble

Unemployment
« on: Jun 30, 2018, 01:25 »
Does anyone know if I can collect unemployment in WA. state if I cannot pass the Hanford CORE test ??   I have been here 2 years and am in the process of re cert .... I have failed their test twice , since they make it pretty gruesome here , and am wondering if I can collect unemployment if they let me go .... Thank you and Happy Independence Day ..... Laura

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Unemployment
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2018, 02:01 »
Did you receive a paycheck?  If yes, you should be able to.  If not you will be in for a fight based on legal mumbo jumbo and probably won't get it.  If you didn't get a paycheck you could always call the unemp office and talk to a supervisor.  Wouldn't hurt anything....

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2018, 10:25 »
Go to the Washington state website, dept of labor (or something similar). It'll give you the requirements. If your employment ends, and you did not quit or were fired for cause, and you have enough work history, you should be eligible. UEI varies from state to state, but the website should have the info.

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2018, 01:37 »
You should have no problem collecting.  Just don't violate any company policy such as "no call, no show" for three days in a row.  Make them go through the whole process of letting you go.   Hopefully you will pass, though!  Good luck

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2018, 03:32 »
The issue may be they don't give you a paycheck before you pass the core sometimes.  So you are all saying it is that easy to get unemployment without a history of being paid?  Very surprised.

RockSalt

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2018, 03:43 »
Your union buddies should be able to help you with your questions...

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2018, 03:59 »
The issue may be they don't give you a paycheck before you pass the core sometimes.  So you are all saying it is that easy to get unemployment without a history of being paid?  Very surprised.
The way I understood her question, she has been working at Hanford for two years and now her re-cert test is here.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:05 »
o dam yep...thanks.  should be no question then!

moochiebubble

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:26 »
Thank you for your time ....

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018, 07:43 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2018, 11:42 »
Does anyone know if I can collect unemployment in WA. state if I cannot pass the Hanford CORE test ??   I have been here 2 years and am in the process of re cert .... I have failed their test twice , since they make it pretty gruesome here , and am wondering if I can collect unemployment if they let me go .... Thank you and Happy Independence Day ..... Laura
awl good info. call a labor lawyer in yore area n axe them. they will no. they will say  yes two representing yew if u.c. denies yore claim.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?