Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Style Resume Conversion to Non-Nuclear Resume honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Style Resume Conversion to Non-Nuclear Resume  (Read 3260 times)

TechSuper

???  Since I have spent my entire career in the commercial/DOE world my resume, as a road warrior, is very long and much to wordy.  I am seeking information on a RELIABLE company/person who understands our terminology and has the expertise to rewrite my resume so that non-nuclear companies can understand what I am trying to get across and can provide the right words to make it look enticing to a new company.  I have tried this on several occasions, only to have the resume come back as nothing but garbage.  Can anyone provide me with a source?  We are talking many, many years.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: Nuclear Style Resume Conversion to Non-Nuclear Resume
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2018, 12:35 »
Perhaps yourself. You would understand what you have done better than anyone else. You need to get the terminology that the recipient uses and custom write your resume using the same words and phrases the recipient uses. Your resume will be scanned into a computer and matched to the terminology in the computer. The computer will evaluate your resume based on what matches. It will then spit out a report with a suitability rating to a human that probably doesn't understand anything more than that number. So you better learn how to write your own resume because you'll have to tweak it for every application that you submit.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2018, 02:29 »
A resume is knot a work history. right it sew it fits awn won page. then yule knead too word it two target the job, company, oar career witch has yore interest.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2018, 09:08 »
A resume is knot a work history. right it sew it fits awn won page. then yule knead too word it two target the job, company, oar career witch has yore interest.
I disagree with the one page. A rule of thumb is one page for every ten years you've worked. I've also heard it no longer matters how long it is, as it's scanned digitally first, but like scotoma said, make sure you use the same terms as the job posting, and if possible, show how you meet each of their requirements and have been successful in some of the duties/responsibilities for the job.

BTW, Sloglo, I use Grammarly for college and your post just made it explode.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:15 »

BTW, Sloglo, I use Grammarly for college and your post just made it explode.

aye red my post and am naught scene watt tripped yore program. spelling is exquisite, phonology is present, and the sin tax is compliant.
of coarse, eye have bin posting longer than that program has existed, sue may bee they should contact me too consult.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?