Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Information about getting an offer  

Author Topic: Information about getting an offer  (Read 9636 times)

Offline aspiringoperator

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Information about getting an offer
« on: Jul 23, 2018, 10:03 »
Hey everyone!
This is my first post and I am hoping for some information. I am headed to AZ soon to test (and hopefully interview) for an AO position. I was wondering how long after being presented an offer, I would be expected to move there. Just wondering if i'll have a week or months to move my life and find a place that will let me have a dog (not everyone lets you have a pitbull unfortunately :( ). Any information or past experience would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Bailey.

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
Re: Information about getting an offer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2018, 12:00 »
Good luck.  I have had anywhere from a week to a month.  Most places will work with you (from my experiences).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2018, 12:47 »
I actually like live in tonopah so I'll offer this: My family has pitbulls and Mastiffs so I can tell you that it's hardly impossible to find a place. If you want to live in Tonopah, often the best place to look is the notices on the telephone poles near the Tin top. (It's a VERY rural area). If you want to live in buckeye or further out you can use rent.com or other traditional methods. Pets are still not usually a problem although apt building can be more difficult about pit bulls.
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2018, 02:48 »
It's anybodies guess. Obviously, you have to pass the test first, and then the interview. You will meet with HR who will give you a info package and answer questions. After an offer, you need to wait for a pre-empoyment physical. I had to wait 2 months after testing and interview when applying for a rad tech position. There is a lot of red tape. A lot may depend on when they start new employee training. They may not want people sitting around, so they will hire you to coincide with class startup. Do they offer re-location expenses? Where will you be moving from?

Offline Tabby

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:18 »
PM sent

jasonertter

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2018, 03:08 »
Hey everyone!
This is my first post and I am hoping for some information. I am headed to AZ soon to test (and hopefully interview) for an AO position. I was wondering how long after being presented an offer, I would be expected to move there. Just wondering if i'll have a week or months to move my life and find a place that will let me have a dog (not everyone lets you have a pitbull unfortunately :( ). Any information or past experience would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Bailey.

Hi Bailey. As a long-time nuke recruiter, I can tell you that it varies depending on the employer, how urgent their need is, when classes start and a lot of other factors.

I would mainly encourage you to ask a lot of questions to whoever you are coordinating with. You're likely working with a recruiter or someone in HR, so just be sure to ask questions like the ones in your post at every step along the way. Your contact should be working to keep you informed and set your expectations correctly.

I think it's pretty typical for it to take several weeks between an accepted offer and your actual start date. If you're leaving another position for this one, my advice is to make sure that EVERY requirement is met for the new role before you give notice to your current employer. As for moving, you can do it on the cheap with Uhaul and some help from family/friends. Initially, you can likely find a hotel that will accept you and your pit (I have a pit and a boxer, btw!) at least in the short term until you can find long term housing. Alternatively, you can use your time out there for the interview to search for and secure housing. It's likely that the site has a bulletin board or similar for local housing, and maybe your recruiter can help make some suggestions as well. A lot of times when people relocate, they provide a package or some basic information on housing, setting up utilities, etc.

Whatever happens, best of luck in your new endeavor!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?