Career Path > Getting in

Making myself more competitive

<< < (2/2)

GLW:

--- Quote from: Tylor on Aug 07, 2018, 03:03 ---.........., but it's just not for me............

--- End quote ---

besides, winter is coming to Saratoga again and if you end up at NPTU, and IIRC, you tend to smash up your POV during SSGN (Saratoga Snow Generation Nexus),...

MMM:

--- Quote from: Tylor on Aug 07, 2018, 03:03 ---Scotoma, I haven't entirely ruled out staying in, but I would never go back to a submarine. I'll stay in if and only if I make LDO. I've done extremely well for myself in the submarine fleet, and I have a lot of respect for the guys who can stomach this job, but it's just not for me.

It seems like I have a lot to learn about career progression in the nuclear community. Does it vary between plants, or is it uniform throughout? Like NLO->RO->SRO->Shift supervisor->Shift Manager?? I'll keep looking around, but I haven't seen a clear explanation on the forums.

--- End quote ---

Progression up the OPS chain is pretty uniform, the titles might be different between plants.

As far as career progression, you've got the long, and probably the least stressful, way. Most plants hire direct SROs, not necessarily a lot at a time, but it depends on who's interested onsite and in the company. A few have started hiring direct ROs as well, but that depends on the progression. If RO is an extension of NLO, then you will have to qualify NLO before you can go to class.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version